V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pc-v on my 05 fatboy and it seems to work OK. I just got an at-100 auto-tune kit and I'm having problems getting it to work. Do I need termination plugs for both pcv and the at-100, I was told just the AT, I only have one. Is the diagnastic plug the one that's just under the seat, to the left of the battery? To me it seems the unit is not recieving the info from the ecm. Whereas I enabled the AT I'm not displaying any temp or AFR , it just stays at 0.0, but the RPM works. ANY THOUGHTS?

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
The two AutoTune units need to be connected together with the short cable - doesn't matter which ports. The longer cable goes into one port on the AutoTune and connects to the PCV. The fourth (leftover) port on an AutoTune unit must have a termination plug installed for AutoTune to work. The data port is as you said, left of the battery, usually gray connector with orange plug. The units work wonderfully. If you need any parts or tech help, Jamie at FuelMoto USA is the grandmaster of PC units and AutoTune.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Bduncan, but my AT is a newer version, there is only one module, both o2's attach to it but there are two ports. I have one cable to PCV pluged in one and a term.plug in the other, I've even tried switching them around. I also have the AT plugged into the diagnostic plug you describe, I thought that was it, I don't see anyothers shaped like that. I've read the direction over and over and searched the net and from what I see it's hooked up correctly. Like I said before thou, RPM and Throttle position work ( display numbers) but the AFR's and the temp stay at zero. A red lite blinks on the AT module but on the computer display the Autotune Power indicater never turns green like the PC Power indicater does. I was hoping the get it working this weekend but I guess I won't, I'll try calling Jamie on Monday to see if he will offer any advice but I didn't buy it from him so who no's.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Bduncan, I see your from Merryland, where about? I'm in Severn/Ft.Meade.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
fatclassic,
I'm near Westminster, Carroll Co. I just checked the DynoJet site to see if anything has changed - you indicated you have the AT-100 which is a dual unit, dual o2 sensor AutoTune model. AT-200 is the less expensive single unit, single o2 sensor model. If there is an even newer single unit, dual sensor AutoTune, DynoJet doesn't mention it on their site so no idea how it should be connected - make sure of what you have.
Jamie will help you no matter what - doesn't matter if you bought it from them - he's just a great guy who wants to keep PC tuner users on the road.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again B. As I understand the newer (this years) AT-100 is one module but it has the wire connections for two o2 sensors (12 wires total, 6 per o2) all labeled. Supposed to work the same as older unit. Box label says AT-100. The newer module is a little bigger than older model but there is just one. The old at-100 and at-200 are the same item it was just the at-100 included two of everything.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Very good - I may have to get the new single unit - less space needed. My guess is all ports still need to be occupied by a cable or termination plug but Jamie is the master - just email or call him.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
YAHOO, I talked with Scott at Dynojet today and told him my problems, he picked right up on it, older model firmware with newer model autotuner. He talked me through a firmware download and explained that on my bike the temp reading will not display, it's not needed to work and just disable it. And the green autotuner indicator lite on the comp screen will only turn green when the tuner is making corrections otherwise it stays off. After talking to him for a half hour it's working, took it right out and made my first trim table. Scott seems to be a great guy and deserves a pat on the back. He is what customer service should be, willing to listen and explain.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Good deal....Always nice to have a good ending to a problem

·
Registered
57 Posts
An old thread, but i'm having the same problem. Maybe it will help someone to bump it up again.
I bought a used PCV(15-003) and a new auto tune and they won't work together even though they are connected correctly.

On my way to down load firmware update now....

:)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good luck, the firmware update worked on mine as stated earlier and has been working fine since. I do remember Scott telling me to download the firmware update to a computer file then loading it to the pvc 3 times, something about sometimes it may not be excepted by the pcv if you only try just one time. If you still have a problem I'd call Scott, he's a real good guy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
BINGO! downloaded it twice just to be sure.

That is the coolest thing since sliced bread, watching the auto tune work it's magic. Wish i'd gotten this set up sooner!

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Some PCV/AutoTune users unplug theirs after the AutoTune does initial dial-in but to me, that defeats the purpose. Although, admittedly you won't notice the small adjustments it makes constantly as you ride. I have had mine working full time for close to 5 years now and it functions perfectly and has seen several motor changes including bore, ported heads, different cams etc.
I'm impressed with the small changes it makes from cool spring to hot summer weather as well as altitude. Have fun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good point and one of the main reasons I went with the auto tune.

Since we're riding touring bikes, ending up in a different climate, or altitude is easily possible. Having engine mods, then pre set software updates that aren't adjustable for those conditions doesn't make much sense to me for any kind of travel.

I was considering only systems that had O2 sensors connected so that closed loop is still functional. Not for epa, but for rideability.

If that's a word.

Very happy with this set up, the gadget freak in me is having a blast. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts