V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first time trying to load a new map on my bike after some engine mods, although a PC dealer did load a very stock map a while back prior to the latest mods.

I can't get the software (laptop based) to communciate with the PCIII unit on the bike. Is there a strict sequence of starting software, turning on power to the bike/PCIII, etc.? As I recall, it should work so that as soon as power is turned on, the current map is loaded into the software. I don't get this. A serial # is deplayed, which implies to it IS communicating, but immediately below the serial # display is "not communicating". I don't get the initial map upload, nor can I download a new map the the unit. I've checked all terminal connections and both seem as tight and secure as possbile. Any ideas?

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
....my bike, 03 Bagger require the 9 volt power source. Not sure about yours, that would be the first check.

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
The bike has to be running to communicate and to sync the throttle position.
If you do have the bike running and it still doesn't commu. check the usb cable or change it....make sure your on the right com port for both the PC and the usb.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hdmd88 said:
The bike has to be running to communicate and to sync the throttle position.
If you do have the bike running and it still doesn't commu. check the usb cable or change it....make sure your on the right com port for both the PC and the usb.
that's all it took, just hit the starter....geez.. Stupid is as stupid does I always say. Thanks a bunch. All done and running MUCH better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts