V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a PCIIIusb on my bike (95, stock cams, SE air and pipes) and I went from 43mpg to 33mpg and very little increase in tq, hp. Question is.....are PCs better suited to the higher modified bikes and not the fairly stock bikes?:hmmm:

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
brwk said:
Just put a PCIIIusb on my bike (95, stock cams, SE air and pipes) and I went from 43mpg to 33mpg and very little increase in tq, hp. Question is.....are PCs better suited to the higher modified bikes and not the fairly stock bikes?:hmmm:

The canned maps are almost always to the rich side. Dyno time will get you what your bike needs, a custom map.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.....my custom map yielded me 33 mpg with very little improvement of tq and hp. I love it when I read all the good things people do to their bikes but around Frederick MD, I can't find NO ONE who knows anything about PCs or RTs. If anyone knows a place that KNOWS what they are doing in my area, please tell me.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
brwk said:
Well.....my custom map yielded me 33 mpg with very little improvement of tq and hp. I love it when I read all the good things people do to their bikes but around Frederick MD, I can't find NO ONE who knows anything about PCs or RTs. If anyone knows a place that KNOWS what they are doing in my area, please tell me.
Can you post a copy of your dyno run??

You can try Eastern Performance, they are here:

Eastern Performance
1318 Defense Highway
Gambrills, MD 21054
410-451-5181

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
BRWK, a good friend of mine was very happy with the install, dyno and custom mapping of his PCIII USB on his '05 Wide Glide done by Battlefied HD in Gettysburg.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
brwk said:
RoadGlide05inMD posted that HD of fredneck did a good job of dyno tuning his bike. He has a power commander.

If you're near Winchester VA, check out Skip's Speed & Custom Shop.

Skip did a good job of dyno tuning my 02RK (HO 95 in motor with a race tuner).

There are more. Hopefully, other VTF members will chime in with their experiences.

regards,

wyo

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone....
Maybe the problem is I just have the 95". I increased the CI but didn't do anything with the heads and then of course I would need a little more cam. Maybe just the 95 is possibly asking for issues?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts