V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the Techlusion instead of the PCIII? Just curious what differences there are besides the TFI being considerably cheaper. The guy that designed it sure seems to know his stuff....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ChopperSteve said:
Hello steve:
What is the contact info for the fellow making the Techlusion?
http://www.techlusion.com

The designer's name is Mark Dobeck. The Techlusion Fuel Injection control box retails for $189.95.

There is a review by the magazine Sport Bike UK which speaks very highly of the product. According to them, PCIII's were designed for racing bikes but are also used for street bikes (obviously). The Techlusion system is strictly for street bikes. But for that application they seemed to much prefer it over the PCIII.

I'm curious to see what others think of the unit.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
I run the Techlusion on my V-rod and thats what has help to produce my 118.6 rwhp and 83.7 rwtq! Gil at Teclusion along with Rick and Mark have really gone out of thier way to help me with my Beast!
Kaz........... :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SuperKaz said:
I run the Techlusion on my V-rod and thats what has help to produce my 118.6 rwhp and 83.7 rwtq! Gil at Teclusion along with Rick and Mark have really gone out of thier way to help me with my Beast!
Kaz........... :D
Hey Kaz. Yeah, I found the thread where you had posted about you getting a Techlusion after I started the new thread.

Was it tough to set up? Did you notice any difference on fuel burn?

And why did you choose the Techlusion over the PCIII?

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Stephen,
My Buddy Gil is partner's with Mark D. He set it up and used my V-rod for the base setups on thier chassie dyno.The biggest difference was how much smoother the power band was .It just keeps pulling ,no flat spots!I had the Power Commander on and we gain a ton over the base setup.
Kaz

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SuperKaz said:
Stephen,
My Buddy Gil is partner's with Mark D. He set it up and used my V-rod for the base setups on thier chassie dyno.The biggest difference was how much smoother the power band was .It just keeps pulling ,no flat spots!I had the Power Commander on and we gain a ton over the base setup.
Kaz
Cool. Did they happen to mention the range of variation between bikes? In other words, after they dyno yours and set it up, will the pot settings be pretty well the standard for all V-Rod's (assuming similar components)? Or will every V-Rod need to be calibrated independently? That appears to me to be one advantage of the PCIII, there are standardized graphs reported via the laptop which eliminate much of the guesswork. The Techlusion seems to be more of a "feel and tweak" type setup which might not be the best scenario for beginning users (which would include me). :)

One other question. I have read posts that described PCIII failure and the resulting snafu in engine operation. In the event of a Techlusion failure will it take the whole shooting match down with it also? Or will the EFI simply revert to its previous stock settings?

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
I forwarded a link to this topic to Gil so hopefully he will see your questions and tell you.I'm pretty new to this stuff also.
Kaz................:cool:

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Hey Kaz,
Nice numbers on your bike! Where is Techlusion located? Vegas I assume can they set up their box prior to shipping? Or can you download mapps for it off the net? I am considering running one with a set of V-Mod pipes, K&N filter etc. any suggestions?
Thanks
Kevin

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Kevin,
I'm sure they can put a base tuneup in for you ,and you just fine tune it from there.They are in Henderson 10 minutes from Vegas!
Kaz...........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts