V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my PCIII today. I didn't install it yet. I do not have a laptop so I must change the map using my desktop computer and then install the PC. On the CD that came with the PCIII there is a map, "M807-005" and the same map is on their website. The map is for the touring models and matches the changes made to my bike which are,

Screamin Eagle touring mufflers
Screamin Eagle air filter
Stage 1 ECM

My concern is that the Map is listed for a 2002 model. My Street Glide is a '06 model. This is my first Harley and I do not know if there is any difference in the EFI between the '02 and '06 bikes. Will the Map dated for 2002 be OK for my bike? One more question. The PC has instructions on how to change the map using the 3 buttons on the unit. The instructions are confusing and vague to me. I do not have a laptop and it probably would not be practical to remove and re-install the PC when I need to adjust the map. Can you get the same results changing the PC using the 3 buttons as you would using a computer? Thanks.

eddie

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
The three buttons will change the fuel up to 4% leaner or richer. It will not do the job a computer will do, a 4% change is nothing but a fine adjustment. Lets say you have a slight ping in mid range, you can richen the mid range with the middle button to remove the slight ping...if its ping is loud the button will not supply enough fuel to stop it. the computer has to be used.
One thing you will need to do while the PC is mounted to the bike and running is set the throttle position. When the bike first starts and you have the PC program up look at the number in the throttle position field....it should be ''0'' and when you open the throttle wide open the number in the fiel should be ''100'' if not go to the tool bar under PowerCommander tools and click on Reset Throttle position.....a box will appear that has '' RESET'' click on RESET and open thwe throttle wide open quickly and release the throttle then click ''OK''. Now the program throttle position field should read ''0'' at idle and ''100'' at WOT.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
There is no substitute for getting the bike on a dyno and getting it dialed in.

Then you will know for sure.

·
Banned
48 Posts
The map for the 2002 bike modifies injector pulse width on a injector than you have, soooo, YES the map would be wrong for your 2006 with a different size thrittle body and different injectors.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
vtwinsurgeon said:
The three buttons will change the fuel up to 4% leaner or richer. It will not do the job a computer will do, a 4% change is nothing but a fine adjustment. Lets say you have a slight ping in mid range, you can richen the mid range with the middle button to remove the slight ping...if its ping is loud the button will not supply enough fuel to stop it. the computer has to be used.
Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I may pickup an on old used laptop just to use with the PC.

eddie

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vafatboy said:
There is no substitute for getting the bike on a dyno and getting it dialed in.

Then you will know for sure.
I know Dyno is the best way to go. But I may be making more changes in the future like mufflers and true duals. Spending 150.00 for a Dyno everytime I make a change can add up. But I will go with the dyno if that's what I need to get my bike running correctly. Thanks.

eddie

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Harleyguy1998 said:
The map for the 2002 bike modifies injector pulse width on a injector than you have, soooo, YES the map would be wrong for your 2006 with a different size thrittle body and different injectors.
That's screwed-up. Well the 2002 map is the closest there is to my set-up. I'll have to go with that for the time being. Maybe I can make any necessary changes using the buttons. Thanks.

eddie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Efi 06

I have an 06 RK Classic with a pc111 usb from FUELMOTOUSA. He gave me a map with the unit that he created by dyno-ing another 06 in his shop with my same set-up. Runs GREAT! As far as you loading a map yourself you dont need a lap top. The unit comes with a 9v adapter so you can load it from a desktop if need be. (pc111 needs poweer to program it)

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
You should hook it to a computer while running to be sure the throttle position at idle is 0%, otherwise your fuel delivery with be out of sync with rpm vs. tp.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
If you email Dynajet tech support (or call), and describe your build, they will tell you the most appropriate map to use out of their canned maps. It may be a little rich (they err on the side of caution), but will likely be fine until you get it dyno'd. They're very helpful, and respond to emails in about 24-48 hrs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts