V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a PCIII USB today too. I installed the O2 sensor eliminators, and the instructions say that the stock O2 sensor can be removed. Do they mean unscrewed from the pipe completely? I just tucked everything back in, but it seems like taking those sensors out would leave a hole in the exhaust pipe? No?

Sorry if this is a total newbie question, just didn't make sense to me.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
2001deuce said:
Installed a PCIII USB today too. I installed the O2 sensor eliminators, and the instructions say that the stock O2 sensor can be removed. Do they mean unscrewed from the pipe completely? I just tucked everything back in, but it seems like taking those sensors out would leave a hole in the exhaust pipe? No?

Sorry if this is a total newbie question, just didn't make sense to me.
It will leave holes in your headers that have to be plugged. Someone posted the correct plug size, but I don't recall what it is.

I just left my sensors in place rather than removing them. I folded my disconnected sensor wires up and cable tied them out of the way.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
Go to your local muffler shop and sweet talk them. I got em for free twice now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I might add that those plugs on the boostcontroller.com are just an oil drain plug, M18 X 1.50. You can get them at O'reilly's or any auto parts store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts