V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on where to find maps for the PCIII. I have checked their website and they do not have exactly the one need. I guess I could get close and tinker with it, but I was wanting to see if there were any other websites out there with more maps.

Thanks In Advance.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
If you want the map setup correctly, you should get it to a tuning center or at least a Dyno 250 and good operator. Every bike is different. A map from someone else for your exact same setup may not work the same.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Maybe I should have said that. You had said you where going to tinker with it.You may be able get a map that is close but final tuning will need to be done. There is nothing wrong with getting a map that is close and tweaking it. Sometime finding that " good operator" can be tough. A map that is close to your spec will usally result in less dyno time as well. Good luck

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
HDWRENCH:

I knew you meant that. I've just seen too many guys get a PC, download a map that fits them or comes close to fitting them, play with tuning a little but won't spend the bucks to get on a dyno and tune it right. Then when the mileage isn't too good or performance ain't great at some rpm range, they start ranting and raving about the PC being a piece of junk. Had a friend that insisted on using straight fishtails on a 02 RK. Bitched about the flat spot between 2500 to 3000 rpm for 4 months before I finally convinced to get it on a dyno. They were able to tune it pretty good even with the straight fishtails. He's real happy. The dyno operator did say that he had the loudest bike he has ever seen. I can't even ride behind him too close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts