V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Ultra. PCIII instructions say to velcro the cable connection under the battery box. That seems like a bad idea to me, water! Already tried putting it there and it doesn't seem very secure with the velcro. Has anyone squeezed everything under the right side cover? Got all of mine in there but it is awful tight and the cables have some tight bends. Any problem with the tight cable bends? How did you do yours?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Installed mine on an earlier model FLH, but I’m sure it’s the same fitment procedure. The cable assembly itself should be resilient to water exposure, only the connector assembly requires attention to prevent any water/moisture entry. I basically followed the recommended fitment procedure and used wire ties to secure the cable harness with adequate clearance from the swing arm travel path.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
I was able to zip tie mine right onto the top of the ECM, It's tight but it worked. This is on an 04 FLSTF. I tried the place that the instructions suggested, but in my view it's a cluster f.

·
Banned
48 Posts
I've seen the USB's attached under the bat box, and also stuffed under the sidecover. I've never seen one go bad from getting wet under the bat box. problem is, unless you clean under the box good, it's going to be hanging there in short order.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger! If under the battery box I guess it would be a good idea to drill two holes and zip tie it. I think under the right access cover is the best place.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a pic of the install. The red arrows indicate the wires (bend) that I was concerned about. Thoughts?

·
Even my cologne is chrome
87 Posts
bringing an old thread up top again to ask a stupid question....

why the f doesn't my PCIII fit underneath my seat? did they goof it up? ('02 FSLTFI, stock except for slash cut slip-ons)

I installed the PCIII USB tonight as shown in the instructions. cut ties, push, pull, bend, submerge, install new deeper ECM tray, etc. used zip ties cuz the velcro was indeed a cluster f as vafatboy mentioned (saw this thread after doing the job and glad to see others did same). and it is nice and snug in there, all coiled up. awesome, fire it up. no problem.

uploaded the map on the PCIII, saved it. downloaded 805-102 into it, things are going all right!

went to put the seat back on and the damn thing sits too high to put the seat back (stock)!

I am steamed at dynojet. :nfu2:

I will have to put it elsewhere. see some suggestions here, but would prefer to keep it dry and dust free since it has the USB port and the port for the extra module.

thoughts?

MFB

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
MFB, I have a Deluxe so your seat maybe different. But I was able to fit mine under the seat. You have to follow the procedure for lowering the fuse box EXACTLY and then adjust all of the connectors and plugs to make the seat fit back on.(On my bike the PClll wasn't the problem it was the plugs and wires that gave me fits)If you don't have the instructions go to www.powercommander.com and you can download them.

Joe

·
87 Posts
jasilva said:
MFB, I have a Deluxe so your seat maybe different. But I was able to fit mine under the seat. You have to follow the procedure for lowering the fuse box EXACTLY and then adjust all of the connectors and plugs to make the seat fit back on.(On my bike the PClll wasn't the problem it was the plugs and wires that gave me fits)If you don't have the instructions go to www.powercommander.com and you can download them.

Joe
I did all that. Thanks for the input. MFB

·
Registered
20 Posts
just did mine on an 06' fboy with stock seat. Followed directions, hardest part was the tabs, what a pita! did the velcro thing and also drilled two holes through the tray to add tie-wraps to the module, got seat on and only one screw would fit... kept it that way for two days worth of riding and then seat finally settled in and was able to push down on seat to get the other screw started, fit like a glove OJ...

·
87 Posts
I eventually got mine to fit by putting the PCIII under the pillion seat further back on the fender. the cable itself was enough to make the seat screws difficult to line up, but it's in there! took a shoe horn, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts