V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Y2K Ultra with a pc IIIr, Ness big sucker air and White Bros slip-ons. I initially loaded the map for a stock ecm but trying out new things I loaded the map for the same configuration but with a stage I ecm. Seems the bike ran better. I know for a fact the machine did not have the ecm loaded with the stage I. I compared the changes between the two maps with suttle changes in different power bands and no change in the timing. Its a non-calif model, am I killing the bike slowly leaving the map for a stage I ecm?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The difference between the maps is probably not very large. The PC map for a stage 1 ECU should just be a little leaner then the map for a stock ECU as it has to take the fuel added by the reflash into consideration.

Could well be that for that particular combination the differences are relatively minor. You could use the PC software to compare maps and see what the differences are, and ideally you would get a exhaust gas reading with a infrared or a fuel curve on a dyno.

Then you know for sure.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The number of discs you run on the slip ons will have some effect on this also as usually when you do a map for the E pipe or slip ons you note the number of discs and wether it has a open or closed end cap.
Usually you run them with about 12 to 14 discs in the right and 2 or 3 in the left, with closed end caps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Hippo, as per another post you did, you said to try 15 discs but I only had room for 14 so that is what I am running with 2 on the other side. Both with closed end caps. I did the comparision on my laptop and there is where I saw the minor differences. I just didn't know if there was a major difference with the stage I ecu. I will monitor the spark plugs for any lean problems. Thanks again Hippo...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts