V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 06 rk with a se aircleaner and wild pig slip on mufflers.i have ordered a power commander for it since i plan to add stuff later.since i dont know if the computer has been reprogramed i was wondering if i download a pc map to the computer does it over ride what may or may not been downloaded into it before?

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
gpp said:
i bought a 06 rk with a se aircleaner and wild pig slip on mufflers.i have ordered a power commander for it since i plan to add stuff later.since i dont know if the computer has been reprogramed i was wondering if i download a pc map to the computer does it over ride what may or may not been downloaded into it before?
If you are thinking that the PC is going to write to the bike's ECM - it does not. The PC is a stand-alone module that piggybacks on the bike's ECM. It does not/can not change the base programming of the bike. You will end up loading your PC map into the PC module itself, and modifying what is in the PC itself. You would need HD's SERT, or one of the aftermarket equivalents to actually write to the ECM.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your right,i kinda went brain dead.i guess what i should ask is if the computer has a stage one harley download and i put a map in the pc thats not made for the stage one i would asume its not going to run right.can the dealer tell me if a download has been installed in the computer ?

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
The dealer can tell you what flach is in your ECM. The easy check though is - if your rev limit is still at 5800 rpm, it is stock. If you've had a Stage I flash, it will be 6200 rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts