V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in a bought a PClll usb the other day and the dealer gave me one for a softail and I have a touring bike. He told me they were all the same just more parts with the Softail model like the tray. It pluged up fine and seems to work fine. anyone know if this is true.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just an FYI, MM. I received the PCIII USB yesterday. Thanks.

mainmusic said:
Went in a bought a PClll usb the other day and the dealer gave me one for a softail and I have a touring bike. He told me they were all the same just more parts with the Softail model like the tray. It pluged up fine and seems to work fine. anyone know if this is true.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glad you got it before the weekend. I wish I had known I could have saved my self some serious money

·
Registered
755 Posts
mainmusic said:
There was a recent firmware upgrade for them to raise the rev limiter. So they are not all the same in that respect. They will update the older units for a reasonable fee.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Fire4Effect said:
There was a recent firmware upgrade for them to raise the rev limiter. So they are not all the same in that respect. They will update the older units for a reasonable fee.
Yeah, I sent my Touring PCIIIusb in for the upgrade and they sent me a brand new Softail model back. I called them and they said they were all the same. That's how they're selling them now. Universal fitment!!:whistle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts