V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a a map for an '01 Touring Model with 95" Kit, 203 cams, SE Heads, Khrome Werks HP Plus slip-ons and Stage II ECU for a PC IIIr. Anyone who has this setup or something similar I would greatly appreciate it if you could e-mail me your map. The PC Site has none with SE Heads and a BB Kit... Many Thanks.....

Buzz

[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude you need a custom map from a powercommander center...Remember one map from one bike might not run right on another bike..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I need to get a custom map at some point but I want to dial it in myself for now until I have the $$$ to get a custom one done. I previously had a PC II on the bike before and got a map from a guy in Vegas that worked great with a few tweeks... a map from someone else will get me close... a starting point at least.
Thanks for the advice.
Buzz

·
Registered
150 Posts
Should have the bike Dynoed to see if you have flat spots first. Just had my 01 Roadglide SE 1550 fule injected (not Delphi) tested. I was told that that their are ony two map settings once the map is at the highest level there is not much you can do. If you dont have flat spots in the climb PC will not help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RoadGlider,
Thanks for yoy reply but I really don't understand what you are talking about... flat spots can usually be fixed by adding or subtracting fuel and possibly timing assuming you are running a regular exhaust and not drag pipes. Only two maps???? The PC IIIr has the ability to max out the duty cycle of the injectors... I guess if you need more fuel than the stock injectors could put out the PC wouldn't be any help buy this would not possibly be the case with my mods... and the timing can be changed + or - 12 degrees... this should allow for infinite map combos... what do you mean by only two???
Thanks
Buzz

·
Registered
150 Posts
my dealership said that on the 01 Roadglide FLTRSEI there are only 2 map settings and from the factory its set at the highest. Im going to the stage 111 now so Im not sure yet what will happen. When we dyno the bike it did not have any flat spots which is what the PC111 is supost to fix. I was told that if you dont have flat spots you do not need the PC or the new one from Harley that adjusts every 250rpm. Also I have the 01 injection system not the Delphi.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roadglider,
Thanks for the reply... what are you getting done in the Stage III setup?Are you getting Heads and different cams or leaving the 203 cams. Are you getting any work done to the throttle body?
Buzz

·
Registered
287 Posts
timing?

C Brischler said:
RoadGlider,
the timing can be changed + or - 12 degrees... this should allow for infinite map combos... what do you mean by only two???
Thanks
Buzz
Does the PCIIIr override the Delphi auto timing sensor? It's my understanding that raising the compression can give the stock detenation sensor fits. Hence lots of trouble with HIC heads.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Must not have understood the wrench. We are now boring out the injectors to 43, high compression pistons, port and polished heads, 257 cams, true duals with thunderheader, and a custom map. I think the stock 01 Roadglide 1550 SE only had 2 map settings. With the PCIII we can custom the the map settings. Im told that the new Harley tuner would set the map at every 250 rpm which is better than the PCIII that adjusts every 1000 rpm. Any comments ? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts