V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that use a generic map from Power Commander, without checking the bike on a dyno, you maybe looking at picture like this in the future. I'm in the middle of a 95" kit install. I removed the rear cyclinder head and saw a large amount of carbon buildup. The bike ran fine and the rear plug was a little darker than the front. I contacted PC tech support and questioned the map. They informed me that PC only maps from the front cyclinder. Guess I can say lesson learned by not getting the bike on a Dyno for a proper tune.

Pc reply :
We have also found that in most areas the rear cylinder does run a bit richer. One of the benefits of the PCIII USB is that it allows you to map the front and rear cylinders independently. By developing a custom map you can assure yourself that both cylinders are running optimally. When we develop our maps we map the front cylinder only.

View attachment 27227

·
Registered
503 Posts
Canned Maps

Canned maps are rich to start with (called cover your a$$) also rear cylinder is richer by plan (not as much air flow ) as it runs hotter ....when I split a map, I leave rear cyl richer for safety(front 15.5-1 rear 15-1 ) in power mode ....WOT I like 13.2-1 front and 12.8-1 rear...my customers like it and wont hurt a motor.:boobies: its all good

Good Luck

Steve The Dyno Guy :cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts