V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to buy a fuel management system and am looking at the TTS but I came across the Patriot. Anyone have any experience with this one? Right now the bike is stock but will have at least cams and who knows what else. Here's the system I'm talking about
http://www.patriotpipes.com/controller.html

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not sure about the Patriot top fuelers. They are rebadged Dobeck TFI III units - www.dobeckperformance.com,
I have the dobek on my 09 flstc and am very happy with the performance. It accellerates far better with the TFI, runs cooler and all the decel pop is gone
Also the Dobcek is a few bucks cheaper
Hope that helps

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the Patriot top fuelers. They are rebadged Dobeck TFI III units - www.dobeckperformance.com,
I have the dobek on my 09 flstc and am very happy with the performance. It accellerates far better with the TFI, runs cooler and all the decel pop is gone
Also the Dobcek is a few bucks cheaper
Hope that helps
Thanks for the info. I checked out the Dobeck and it sure looks like the same unit as the Patriot. Looks fairly easy to tune also. Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
So, how does this device make changes to the VE's, timing, decel enleanment, cam opening and closing settings, and other tables?

Well, it doesn't...that's probably why they don't call them tuners (notice it's called a Fueler).

As suggested in other threads, spent a bit more money and get a real tuning device that can do FAR more then simply add fuel.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
So, how does this device make changes to the VE's, timing, decel enleanment, cam opening and closing settings, and other tables?

Well, it doesn't...that's probably why they don't call them tuners (notice it's called a Fueler).

As suggested in other threads, spent a bit more money and get a real tuning device that can do FAR more then simply add fuel.
well said!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts