V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
1,336 Posts
I have road four Patriot Guard Missions this winter. All the peole that I have met on thes rides have been outstanding. The rides are well organized, the road captains do a great job. I highky reccomend joining and going a ride if you get a chance.

Here are some pictures of the last one I went on.

http://www.alr-sc.org/PGR/

·
it wasn't me
340 Posts
Great Pics Jonas! I haven't rode on any missions yet, but am ready to ride when called upon.

It is open to anyone who wants to join, but be aware that the goal is to honor and respect the fallen soldiers and their families, not to combat the protesters. It is strictly a non-violent group. Also, we never attend a funeral unless we are invited by the family.

·
1,336 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Jonas wrote:

I have road four Patriot Guard Missions this winter. All the peole that I have met on thes rides have been outstanding. The rides are well organized, the road captains do a great job. I highky reccomend joining and going a ride if you get a chance.

Here are some pictures of the last one I went on.

http://www.alr-sc.org/PGR/
Were the photos in South Carolina? Sure did look cold there. Remember the temperature.

·
1,336 Posts
wehohl said:
Jonas wrote:

Were the photos in South Carolina? Sure did look cold there. Remember the temperature.
They were in SC and it was cold. I got home about 9 pm the two hour ride to Charlotte @ 32 degrees was chilly. High 30's low 40's during the day. Glad I was dressed warm.
I am this guy in the pictures
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Jonas said:
That's CNN for you. The headline should read:
Bikers roll to military funerals to show respect for fallen Heros

And they claim there's no bias in the mainstream media. Give me a fuckin' break. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
873 Posts
I'm on active duty.
If I were to die in the field, I hope The Patriot Guard AND Fred Phelps show up at my funeral and rumble!
(and of course the Patriot Guard will win :D)

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Is this wrong? My understanding was that PG was formed because the bizarre anti-gay church in question was protesting at soldier's funerals on the grounds that they are dying because there are gays in America, and PG is showing up at funerals to protect the family, or at least drown out the protestors. Maybe I have that wrong, though. And no, protesting anti-gay activities doesn't make you gay, any more than protesting wife-beaters makes you a woman.

Jonas said:
That's CNN for you. The headline should read:
Bikers roll to military funerals to show respect for fallen Heros

If your opposing anit gay, does that mean your gay? CNN are idiots

·
1,336 Posts
Bhawk said:
Is this wrong? My understanding was that PG was formed because the bizarre anti-gay church in question was protesting at soldier's funerals on the grounds that they are dying because there are gays in America, and PG is showing up at funerals to protect the family, or at least drown out the protestors. Maybe I have that wrong, though. And no, protesting anti-gay activities doesn't make you gay, any more than protesting wife-beaters makes you a woman.
Not factually wrong, misleading and not the best choice for a headline. But it is CNN and I beleive they are left leaning (falling) media. They will always put a left twist on any story. The real story is Americans showing support for the troops and honoring the fallen heros. I have not seen a protestor at any of the memorial services I have gone to. It is not about stopping anti gay protesters(the Phelps crowd are media whores and are looking for law suites) . But it is about blocking any protestors from the view of the family as well as showing respect to the fallen solider. CNN's headline standing alone could leave you to believe the solider who died was gay and a bunch of bikers were blocking antigay protestors almost like the PG mission was to support gays. And that is just not what it is about.

I know I am not gay. I was taking a dig at CNN with that comment because of their headline.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Homarr said:
I'm on active duty.
If I were to die in the field, I hope The Patriot Guard AND Fred Phelps show up at my funeral and rumble!
(and of course the Patriot Guard will win :D)
Homarr
I am sure you will come back to us safe and sound. But if The god you pray to calls you in to his arms.
I for one will be there standing tall and proud as a member of the GUARD.
Then when the $hit hits the fan , I will remove all ID denoting I am a member the PGR. [ out of respect to the guard]
Then call up every biker buddy I ride with to jump in. And let me tell you I got a lot of them.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I would like to think that if questioned by this supposed holy person or members of his church if asked my answer would be:

"I might be gay, then again I might not.

What's it to ya?

You got a problem with that?"

·
Registered
274 Posts
Damn, this Fred Phelps guy is still alive??? Man if this dude showed up a my sons funeral with a bunch of idiots and started **** I doubt that would walk away in one piece, and I bet any police officer would look the other way.

·
Registered
236 Posts
PitBull said:
Damn, this Fred Phelps guy is still alive??? Man if this dude showed up a my sons funeral with a bunch of idiots and started **** I doubt that would walk away in one piece, and I bet any police officer would look the other way.
Unfortunately, this would be playing right into their hands. One of their objectives is to instigate confrontation so they can then sue everyone involved. Phelp's daughter is a lawyer and looks after that end of their sick and perverted cr*p.
BTW...if you're in the Greenville, NC area this Sunday 2/26, I've recvd an email that there will be a PGR honor guard for SFC Edwards at 2pm. Still waiting on further info. PM me and I'll keep you in the loop, if interested.
Fred

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
I guess you could call me homophobic cause I am not too keen on alternative sexual orientation and life styles. I am a nut and bolt kind of guy.

I don't wish to observe that kind of activity or even know about it. What people do in private is their business. Just don't try to sell me on it.

On the other hand, we have American patriots who die in the service of our fine country. The Honor and respect for these fine hero's and their families in morning is being disturbed by a bunch of fanatics riding on the coat tails of freedom. These protesters should pick another way.

To make any correlation between hero's and zeros is sick. To disrespect our fallen patriot heros by dragging the gay debate to their funeral is treason.{salute( {salute( {salute( :beatdh:

This is just wrong. Give the Patriots support

1 - 20 of 29 Posts