V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,630 Posts
brownjams said:
those people who are protesting at funerals sicken me. I wonder if anyone has thought of going to the front of their church and protesting them every Sunday during their service. One time I'd be in favor of straight pipes.
sorry for the side bar on your post.

patriot guard home page. http://www.patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx
I'm going to add to the side bar. I would be interested in filling their parking lot with nothing but motorcycles some Sunday. I would miss church at my church just to do it. I just heard part of an interview with that pastor's wife on a Christian Radio show here in Detroit. She is one hateful, rude, angry, and a bunch of other things that I don't say anymore, woman.

I had just met a guy who was riding a Road King Police bike at a BP station in Southgate and he is a member of the Patroit Guard and I think he is just as upset by these people that are "claiming" to be Christian.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I had thought about protesting at their church and wondered why I hadn't heard of it yet. not sure if it's a good ideal to be honest, is it sinking to their level?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,630 Posts
brownjams said:
I had thought about protesting at their church and wondered why I hadn't heard of it yet. not sure if it's a good ideal to be honest, is it sinking to their level?
I was thinking of more like having a prayer meeting out in their parking lots with about 2,000 other bikers. The meeting would go from about 9am to 1pm.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
wkohn said:
I was thinking of more like having a prayer meeting out in their parking lots with about 2,000 other bikers. The meeting would go from about 9am to 1pm.
ah better than being a disturbance raising h#ll.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,630 Posts
brownjams said:
ah better than being a disturbance raising h#ll.
Yep. And it will make them look bad for when they go to have us removed for praying for them. And they need a lot of prayer because they DO NOT know the Jesus that I know that is written about in the Bible.

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
The solution to those attention whores in Kansas is to ignore them (in the press) and stop giving more avenues for attention.

I watched two interviews, and came to the same conclusion - Fred is just plain sad - he reminds me very errily of Jim Jones.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Think about calling the thread "Missions", or something like that.

Send me a PM & I'll stick that one & unstick this one.

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Florida Mission:

DoD Identifies Army Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Sgt. Michael D. Rowe, 23, New Port Richey, Fla., died in Rutbah, Iraq on March 28, when an improvised explosive device detonated near his HMMWV during combat operations. Rowe was assigned to the 46th Engineer Battalion, Warrior Brigade, Fort Polk, La.

For further information related to this release, contact Army Public Affairs at (703) 692-2000.

Murph H-D

Good evening Florida PGR Members,

I have the final details that everyone needs for this mission. The PGR will lead the funeral procession from the church to the National Cemetary in Bushnell, Florida.

Staging area: Kash N' Karry, 7431 S.R 54 New Port Richey; parking lot located at the Northeast corner of State Rd 54 and Rowan Road.
New Port Richey, Fl.
Time: 9:00 AM Friday 4-7-2006

Church Location: Living Word Church
5151 Rowan Rd.
New Port Richey, Fl.
Service starts at 10:00 AM Friday 4-7-2006

I have spoke with the family and they are honored that we will be there to show respect for there son and also lead the procession to the National Cemetary in Bushnell. If possible let's make a good showing for this fallen one and the family.

Thanks,
Clayton-Florida SC
Schmidtrock
National Forum Moderator
Patriot Guard Riders

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TSgt Patrick Shannon Welcome HOME!!!! {salute(

Patriot Guard Motorcyclists in Oklahoma honor the return of a fallen soldier.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Lake Havasu, AZ 29 April

Update NOTE TIME CHANGES

Itinerary Information

Confirmed Mission to honor [Tongue] laceName>Pfc [Tongue] laceName> [Tongue] laceName>Patrick [Tongue] laceName> [Tongue] laceName>Tinnell [Tongue] laceName> [Tongue] laceType>Lake [Tongue] laceType> Havasu City, Arizona who gave all on April 19th, 2006.

Date and time: Saturday April 29th

Time: 4:30 PM

Memorial Services will be held at:

The Aquatic Center 100 Park Av Lake Havasu City

Lake Havasu City Staging Site & Time: 2:50 PM

American Legion 181 Paseo Del Sol, Lake Havasu City

Directions:

Once in Lake Havasu City, Turn Right on Palo Verde Blvd. Go about 30 FT turn Left(in front of hamberger place). Continue until you see American Legion Hall. We will be in back parking lot.

From I 10 Come in to Lake Havasu, when you go under the Bridge, At that block light, turn LEFT go about 30 FT AND TURN RIGHT on street in front of IN & OUT Burger. Go past stop sign until you see American Legion Hall. WE will be in the BACK.

There will be a bike parked on the street with a 3’ X 5' USA flag where you should turn.

Your Captain for this mission is from the Phoenix Metro area AZ State Captain Bob “Hardbite” Dolan my cell phone is 623-764-4823 and from the north AZ PRC Joseph “Muddle Fubar” Graham cell phone 928-239-0151

Phoenix and Southern Riders

East Valley Departure:

For those riding from the east valley we will meet at the ARCO station on the NW corner of US 60 and Country club and ride to north Phoenix staging area. Please be there fueled and ready at 9:30 AM leave at 10AM Sharp

West Phoenix Staging Site & Time:

QT gas station Dysart Rd south of I 10. Take I 10 west to Dysart road go south to QT station ( 2nd stop light) on West side of street. Everyone gas up when you get here we have 112 miles to go from hereto our next gas stop in Quartsite. Please be there fueled and ready at 10:45 AM leave at 11:05 AM Sharp. The East valley riders will meet West siders there.

Quartzsite Staging Area & Time

If you are meeting there please be there and gassed up by TBA 12:35 PM Leaving at 1:05 PM

Shell Station on SR 95 North of I 10. Take I 10 to Quartzsite exit SR 95 go North to Shell station. Next leg is 73 miles to Lake Havasu City.

[Tongue] laceName>Northern [Tongue] laceName> [Tongue] laceName>Riders [Tongue] laceName>

[Tongue] laceName>Prescott [Tongue] laceName> [Tongue] laceType>Valley [Tongue] laceType> Staging Site and Time

9:30 AM Leave 10:00 AM SHARP Blue Ridge Market West corner of Hwy 69 North and Kachina Place in Dewey, AZ.

Seligman Staging Site and Time

Exit 123 off Hwy. 40 Westbound. Johnson's [Tongue] laceName>Travel [Tongue] laceName> [Tongue] laceType>Center [Tongue] laceType> located on the South side of Hwy 40. Arrive 11:30 PM Leave 12:00 PM SHARP Distance 76 miles

Kingman Staging Site and Time

Exit 51 off Hwy. 40 Westbound, N. Stockton Hills Drive. Safeway Grocery/Fuel Stop. Located on the North side of Hwy. 40 Arrive 1:30 PM Leave 2:00 PM SHARP Distance 74 miles. If you are meeting there please be there and gassed up 1:30PM

Kingman to Lake Havasu City Distance 60 miles

Bring water, sun block and snacks. These are long rides. Stops will be approximately 15 to 30 minutes in length and since we have four (4) counting Lake Havasu City, we encourage you to "buddy" up with another person. Two go to a pump and one pays. At the next stop you alternate the pay person.

This is the weekend of the [Tongue] laceName>Laughlin [Tongue] laceName> [Tongue] laceType>River [Tongue] laceType> run and all motels are booked. I have 2 rooms reserved now and the LHC motels are calling me with cancellations, so if you want a room email me at [email protected] (Email only no phone calls, please give me your phone so I can call you) Bring your sleeping bag we are working on homes that my put some riders up and some people with motel rooms may share.

Please remember that our mission is to respect and honor this fallen soldier and his family. Stand tall and proud as we salute this hero and his family for their great sacrifice!! Bring your flags and bungee cords because I will be bring 60 large flags and we can mount to bikes of those that don't have one. This is not motorcycles only, cars are welcome also.

Weather forecast as of 4/25:

Partly Cloudy high 92 low 72

I will update it as soon as I have more information.

Please watch the forum for updates as there is not time for email updates.

Thank you PGR memnbers it only happens if YOU are there

Those in Laughlin this weekend are welcome to come and join us!!!!

Teu

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I'm a patriot guard member and have been since about the third mission. If you really want to know about patriot guard missions then go to their web page. The confirmed missions are posted there as well as the possible upcoming missions.

the web address is www.patriotguard.org and remember, you don't have to ride a bike to be a member.

Please read the page, and join up if your not a member. It's free and it's the honorable thing to do!

Lazarus (John Scarbrough)
American Legion Post 86
Pratt, Kansas
Proud to be a ALR/PGR member!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I first heard about the Patriot Guard Riders on this web site so I thought I would check them out. After reading what their mission is I readily signed up.

Last weekend I attended the funeral of a fallen soldier in Alden, Iowa. The soldiers family had requested the presence of the PGR. The misguided fanatics showed up with their message of hate but because of the organization of the Patriot Guard Riders, more than 200 bikes showed up to protect the family from having to deal with these idiots and also to honor an American Hero.

I urge everyone to check this organization out, what an experiance......

http://www.patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Here's a few pics from the mission in Alden, Iowa that I also attended last Saturday...

Hopefully, this was my first and last mission, but I don't think the idiot protesters will give up...

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,630 Posts
FlamedFXSTC said:
Here's a few pics from the mission in Alden, Iowa that I also attended last Saturday...

Hopefully, this was my first and last mission, but I don't think the idiot protesters will give up...
That is why they are idiots. Hateful ones at that.

I joined the PGR on May 4th. First mission was for Sgt. Matthew Webber in Morley Michigan on May 6th. We had over 500 show up being it was a Saturday.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Gentlemen. We attended our first PGR today in Philadelphia. What can I say. Moving? Yes. Surreal?? You bet. Thankfully there were no protesters there today, but a buddy of mine read somewhere that the preachers daughter, the one in Kansas? (the names escape me right now) says that the Delaware Valley, NJ, PA, DE, are long over due for protesting. If you are able, signup, mount up, and stand up. It will change you forever.
Peace.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,630 Posts
Geezer-Glide said:
the preachers daughter, the one in Kansas? (the names escape me right now)
It is better that way. They don't need any press or anything said about them anywhere. That is what their type lives off of.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts