V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

Does anyone have any extra (HD or aftermarket) illumination installed on a Deuce?

I'm looking at adding some, but am not sure what fits, looks good, and most importantly, does the job!

LED or Halogen?

Any thoughts or photos would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have thought about this also, but havn't found a set up that wouldn't disrupt the clean looks of the Deuce.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm wondering about those smaller, billet-style LED whites...they sort-of look similar to the turn signals...I would need to see them mounted though...

I don't want to screw up the looks of the front end either..that's the primary reason I bought the Deuce over the other bikes (that, plus all the stock chrome!) :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Headwinds has a kick ass set up for the Road King www.headwinds.com
Kuryakyn has some small LED types also but I'm like you I want to see them mounted B4 I dropped the cash, what do you do in the Corp, I did three in the Army, Infantry, Desert Storm I

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's one of my helicopters in the photo to the left...I'm a CH-53E pilot (LtCol)...just got back from 6 months over in the "Big Show." I did DS/DS, Op Sea Angel, and now Enduring Freedom...21 years and counting! I was about to drop my retirement package, but then the USMC stop-lossed us all!

How about you?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Did three years active duty Army as a mechanized Infantryman with the 197th Separate Infantry Brigade from Ft. Benning, During DS/DS the 197th became the third round out brigade of the 24th Infantry and the 197th was disbanded, was set to ETS 10/90 but stop loss back then gave me 13 months more, I did 5 more in the Reserves (infantry) and got out in 1996, used the GI Bill and ACF to go to nursing school, am now a registered nurse
Thanks for your continued service

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Chingon...you too...there are so many that have served, kind-of makes me weepy-eyed when I hear everyone's experiences! I should have told you that I was 10 years active duty (through DS/DS), and then the rest in the reserves, however, I've been activated since last January...was sent out with the 11th MEU(SOC) last June, returned in Dec. I have 21 good years, and already have the points I need for my 22nd good year, but I'm not sure how long they will keep us old dinosaurs on active duty...one thing though, there aren't enough of what I fly in the Corps, so it seems as though they will use every single one of us. Over in the Middle East, they need the mighty CH-53E badly...it is one awesome workhorse!
I checked out those lights you mentioned...the Headwinds stuff looks very cool...I think that they may just work on the forks, just below and to either side of the headlight. I think I may try the 2" halogens...If they make such a thing in a HID, I may just fork out the money and do it. My buddy has a brand new SUV with HIDs on it...they really light up the night! Problem is, as "The Alien" has mentioned on other posts, they are very expensive and need special ballasts/wiring to operate...not sure if I want to do all that.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
If you wanted a dresser, you shoulda bought one in the first place. The Deuce is too "clean" to be throwing that sh!t on.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey 'Dude...nice attitude! WTF do you care what my bike looks like, as long as you're not riding it! I respect your opinion, and I know how cool the Deuce looks up front...but, even if I wanted to paint it pink...I'd do that and not give a **** what anybody else thinks...

·
Registered
106 Posts
echodriver said:
Hi everyone:

Does anyone have any extra (HD or aftermarket) illumination installed on a Deuce?

I'm looking at adding some, but am not sure what fits, looks good, and most importantly, does the job!

LED or Halogen?

Any thoughts or photos would be most appreciated!
Would a fatboy headlight fit on a Deuce? Seen one on a standard and it looked pretty good.

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Too those of you who say poo-poo to a dirty Deuce :eek: , I just finished installing the Deuce Leather Side bags, small backrest, bracket and luggage rack. Tonight I just received my leather T Bag (from Hales) and mounted that baby right on that rack and backrest.

So now I have the best of all worlds - A Deuce, Dresser, Cruiser and a Touring bike all in one package. I like it, I now I can carry some stuff and not have my jacket all stuffed with crap.

How do you like me now? :D

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
deucedog said:
Too those of you who say poo-poo to a dirty Deuce :eek: ,
Well POO POO then ;) .
Part of the Harley 'experience' is the individuality of each owner and how that is reflected in their bike, so to each his own. Like DOG, I also have the bags, windshield, sissy bar and luggage rack for my bike but prefer to leave it clean. The bags are off the bike unless I am going to go on an overnighter, windshield is a weather driven decision. Sissy bar and luggage rack go on and off quite frequently. I kind of like the sissy bar as it gives me a place to strap my helmet to, but still I prefer to not have it on the bike.

As far as auxilary lighting, check out the Sylvania Silver Star bulb for the headlight. As bright as you can get without going to HID. Then aim the headlight a little high to ensure the cagers see in in their rear view. Bonus is you don't have to mess with any wiring, possible shorts and burnouts. Kind of a 'it ain't broke, don't fix it' solution.

·
It Aint Rocket Science...
641 Posts
I just think it's funny when some poeple have never seen a part they didn't like. We car guys used to have the expression "Damn...he threw the whole J. C. Whitney catalog at that car"

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just installed the Headwinds billet lightbar on my Fatboy. Very very clean, and it also is designed as a triple tree bottom cover.
If they do make one for the Deuce, check it out.

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
Markr said:
I just think it's funny when some poeple have never seen a part they didn't like. We car guys used to have the expression "Damn...he threw the whole J. C. Whitney catalog at that car"
I know what you mean. When I was doing the 'orientation' thing with the shop manager last Feb. when I took delivery of my Deuce, I asked him if there were any parts that couldn't be chromed. His reply? "Yeah, the tires."
I am a firm believer that you can 'over chrome' a bike. I prefer to add chrome items where they make the most improvement. Mainly to cover parts that I feel should have been chromed from the factory. I also like the contrast of the black parts on my Deuce against the chrome. An example is that I have chrome switch control covers but the brake and clutch brackets remain black as do the switches themselves. The contrast just makes the chrome stand out that much more.
But like I said before, to each his own.

·
Texas Riders
628 Posts
gunnut said:
I am a firm believer that you can 'over chrome' a bike. .
I saw a FatBoy last weekend that blinded me ...... Even the tank and fenders were chrome. Blah!

gunnut said:
I have chrome switch control covers but the brake and clutch brackets remain black as do the switches themselves. The contrast just makes the chrome stand out that much more.
I think the same way. When everything is chrome, nothing stands out. (except the glare)

Ride safe!

:cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
deucedog said:
Too those of you who say poo-poo to a dirty Deuce :eek: , I just finished installing the Deuce Leather Side bags, small backrest, bracket and luggage rack. Tonight I just received my leather T Bag (from Hales) and mounted that baby right on that rack and backrest.

So now I have the best of all worlds - A Deuce, Dresser, Cruiser and a Touring bike all in one package. I like it, I now I can carry some stuff and not have my jacket all stuffed with crap.

I had leather saddlebags that were already installed when I bought my 03 Deuce. I took em off immediately because I thought I was too cool for em and didnt like the look. Now, I wish I had em back on (actually they will get reinstalled this Spring) and the look has really grown on me too. As for being cool, my 12 year old daughter quickly and convincingly reminded me otherwise... :rolleyes: I agree with you, a Deuce with bags and a rack (and maybe a quick detach or Windvest sheild) can be a very versitile and awesome bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts