V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FLHTCUSE
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my Passing Lamps has burnt out, Are there any options for replacement? Looking at the shop manul it is a sealed beam-Any chance as a warrenty item (I'm still covered-Less than a Year) .

No I havent call my local shop as just went out tonight but for sure if its a sealed beam its all of Hundred Dollar :)

Thanks for any and all replys

·
Registered
458 Posts
I work for a truck dealer , and I'm betting its called a service item like oil and filters. If not I bet it wasn't covered for more than 90 days.
I think you'll be buying it. $11.00 in J&P so about $18. -$20 HD.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Halogen inserts are available (as fitted on international models) from the HD dealers . They handle up to 55 watt h3 bulb (stock has 35 watt bulb)
Many different types of bulbs available .

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
I have the halogen spotlights on my RK. One burned out and it was $8 ta H-D dealer. Went to Auto Zone next time one burned out and got same light for $5.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I've has some problems with the light cracking on the rear of the bulb. Possily moisture in the housing or vibration. What are the halogen replacement housings made of?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stock hallogen driving lamp is glass , nothing special except for the size , don't go more than 55 watt as that will create too much heat and reduce bulb life

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I'm glad this one came up. One of the best moves you will make is to change to halogyn. My bet is the bulb is not burned out. Too new for that.

These things have a nack of cracking. Rock, Bug, spike in system. BOOM! :eek:

The Halogyns are a much brighter beam as well and in my opinion just plain look better.

·
FLHTCUSE
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the stock lamps 01 Ultra Classic-one was Cracked -sealed beam from local dealer was $11 -Did not want to upgrade to 55Watt because I run them all the time (visibility) in Traffic it will strain the 45 Amp System.

I don't ride in the Dark too much here as they release the deer at dusk-LOTS OF THEM.

Thanks for your thoughts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts