V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a set of passing lamps which are made for the 03 Wide Glide. I have looked in the HD catalog and in JP Cycles catalog, and at various places on the internet. I can find passing lamps to fit every make and model with the exception of the Wide Glide. I am not crazy about putting additional lighting on the front of the bike, but I am looking to do something that will increase my visibility. Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Kuryakyn makes these called silver bullets that come with a mounting kit for 41 mm wide glide forks. They are small, but put out 35 watts each of halogen light. Somebody posted here a few months ago about using these as passing lights. Try a search on "silver bullets".

·
Registered
88 Posts
95 FXST,
I'm new to the forum. Is Thunderpress a magazine or newletter? How do I subscribe? Do they have a website? I have a '03 Wide Glide and would also like to improve my visibility and be more visible. But I ran into the same issues as redleafct2002. If Thunderpress has a vendor that can solve our problem I would be thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the forum. Have safe and happy holiday.

·
Registered
88 Posts
redleafct2002,
Do you have or plan to add a windshield? I'm anticipating some compatability issues when adding passing lights and a windshield. I haven't added either but they are high on my list of add-ons. We have the same ride. What color is yours?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Thunderpress is at most local shops. At least out west. The lamps I bought were big and ugly on an FX. Passing lamps look great on a FL forks though. If I did it again I'd get the Silver Bullets. I took off the passing lamps and got a brighter H-4 bulb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mfblase,

I did order a windshield for my 03 Wide Glide, but don't plan to use it anymore than I absolutely have to. I initially wanted the gunmetal blue, but the shop where I ordered from at MSRP had only one of those to be shipped this year, and it had already been taken. So, I was left with a choice of the two tone or the black, and I opted for the vivid black. Mine is due to be shipped the last of December , and I will be picking it up the first of January. I can't wait.
I hope that you enjoy your ride. I think we made an excellent choice in the Dyna Wide Glide. In my opinion, and I know I will received a lot of flack here by saying this, but I think it is one of the best looking bikes that Harley makes. I am putting Python III exhaust with the power chamber on, and doing the SE air cleaner and rejet thing. I know I am going to love this bike.
Thanks for all the replys here guys, and I will check out the silver bullets. They may fit with the windshield too, and they look like nice lights.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Gunslinger.....I'm asking this out of ignorance, not trying to be a smart a$$. I've never ridden a bike with apes and while they look really cool, they also look very uncomfortable. Are they? :confused: Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Actually they're very comfortable........ They're right at shoulder height for me, may just a bit higher. Riding one handed, they're perfect. I've ridden long distances with them and don't have any complaints at all. I agree, they do look like they could be uncomfortable. I think it might be that a Dyna seat doesn't sit as low as a softail so the bars don't feel as high......

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Dyna fans... I recently sold my FLSTC for an 03' FXDWG. My friends love it, however, they think it looks a lot smaller than my (ole couch) FLSTC. I, of course, said, "If you have to ask..." lol! Anyway, I am loving the look and feel of my Dyna. So glad I found this forum. This is my first Dyna and am hoping to learn a lot of tips/ tricks from you kind folks!

ibrowse-

·
Registered
121 Posts
PS: I am having Hard Krome Xccelerator 2:1, high flow kit, and jetting installed this Friday! No more Honda/washer-machine sounds for me! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

ibrowse-

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Very cool....enjoy, ride it safe, and alot......

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
HOLY HELL! I just rode home with my new Hard-Krome Double D'S Xccelerators.... OH, MY, GOD! The best 2:1 pipes I have ever heard with it's deep throaty sound, and the performance has improved HUGE! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Anyone interested, let me know!

ibrowse-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts