V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have the HD low, which is there tallest back rest and passenger pillion, on my bike. The pillion is a little hard but may get softer after it’s broken in a bit. I usually ride by myself so only had a passenger on a few times, short trips. I like the look of the bike with the sissy bar and pillion better than the stock slop off-ed seat too.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I bought the baseplate and b!tchcpad... the cool thing is it comes right off if the clam ain't on the back. She says it's not too bad but she would'nt want to be on it for a full day run. I think an aftermarket (not HD) passenger seat would be a must for comfort, especially if she's a little on the ..ahem, *healthy* side. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
After a 125mi ride that covered some bumpy road and quite a few sets of train tracks out in the country, my girlfriends tail bone was bruised badly be the stock seat. It took 3 weeks before she could sit on the floor and tie her shoes. I had no desire to put her through that torture again so I bought the touring passenger pillion (I already had the backrest). She is VERY pleased with the new seat, and hasn't had a problem with even the bumpiest of roads. I also adjusted the shock preload to the stiffest setting and that made a heck of a difference too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We just got back from a 1000 mile trip on the Vrod. My 100 lb wife was squirming the whole time on the touring seat. I do not think it will "break in" with use. HD has a new Sundowner seat that is about 3 inches wider. They do not show it with the touring backrest, but it must work with it. Corbin also has a new seat out for the Vrod. Can't go wrong on a Corbin.
Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had my V Rod hooked up with the touring seat and backrest, and also the mini-storage rack, and recieved favorable comments on it, even after long rides. I did 0ver 150 miles on mine, and that was with a sore back prior to riding. I can't stop riding her!!!! Corbin supposedly is still ironing out the quality fit of the v Rod tour seat, so I will wait a year, before spending Corbin cash, and get some wear on this seat, which looks great, and personally is very comfortable. No seat is perfect, you will get some sore saddles no matter what, unless of course you get some GEL seats.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I Dont Understand

Umm, if you make your old lady more comfortable on your bike, wouldnt that mean she would want to ride with you more ? You have your health, you have a V-Rod, your young, young enuff to still ride anyway. So why in God's name would you want to do a thing like that. LoL.
Flame away boys, he he he

·
Registered
147 Posts
We are going on another 1000 mile trip next week. This time, I have the Sundowner seat installed. I will report when we get back.

Fugly - When I am not at work, my Wife and I spend a lot of time together. I actually look forward to it?

I always have been a little bit off.

·
Registered
543 Posts
No, you're not off Jeff. Honestly, I always try to accomadate my wife and make her comfortable on my bikes. That's why I always wear a T-shirt that says on the back " If you can read this, the b*tch fell off " . That way other motorists can alert me to the fact she is no longer on the bike and I can return and look for her. LoL, j/k

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been riding for just over ten years, six of them with my fiance'. I love to ride more than anything else and wanted to share that with her. Last year when I bought my first Harley, FLHT standard, she finally agreed to go along for a ride. She only went with me on about six rides out of the hundreds of rides that I took. I finally asked her why she didn't want to ride with me. She told me that it didn't have anything to do with the way I rode, but that she likes to be in control of the vehicle she is on/in. So, I enrolled her in a safety course and got her a Sportster 1200 custom. Now I can't get her off of it. I couldn't be happier. We're getting married next fall and plan on spending our honeymoon traveling the US on our bikes. Two weeks ago we bought a V-ROD to add to our Harley collection. Luckily, she says the foot controls are too far forward for her short legs. So, I'll be the one riding that beautiful machine.

Moral of the story: When you find something you and your significant other enjoy doing together, cherish it because not everyone is that lucky.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah, my wife would prefer to have her own bike too, Opie . Eventually that is where we will end up, not only because she prefers to be in control but also because I prefer riding solo. By the way, I have been riding bikes for about 20 years, all of them with my wife and am on my 4th Harley. Fortunately, my wife has a great sense of humor. I guess that's why we've been together since 83. The last time she rode one of my bikes she laid it down though. :eek: Course, back in those days I didn't see a lot of women riding. Come to think of it, I didn't see near as many riders around here period. Mostly just me and my scumbag friends and acquaintances riding around from bar to bar oiling parking lots with our leaking old bikes. LoL. Those were the good old days.
P.S. If you make it out here to the Flatlands in June, we can hook up at Hogrock in southern Ill. Its a great time. If I can fugure out how to post pics I will try to get some up. Dont know if they would let me post the good ones though. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Fugly,
Our route is still unplanned and I've never been to Illinois. So, keep reading the forum and I'll let you know. I've had to replace the left rear turn signal on her sportster twice. We hang around with a bunch of guys on the Baltimore City Police motor unit and she insists that she can ride like us, she'll try to balance her bike at red lights and try to maneuver the bike at low speeds. Don't get me wrong, I admire her determination and has impressed the heck out of me. Sometimes it's quite amusing. We joke that some day she'll be able to outride all of us.

To post a pic you hit the post a reply buttom and at the bottom hit the browse button in the attach file row and wala.

Here's one of mine:D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey Opie,
Here's some pics I took while we were at HogRock. I'm the one telling the cameraman that he is number 1 . :D I'll try and post the rest in the enter at own risk area, but last night it wouldnt let me in there . :confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts