V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just installed the Passenger Footboard Kit (Part # 50602-00) on my 2002 FLSTC and I still have some doubts. My english is not so good, so I don't know if I installed it right. My question is related to the Saddlebags rellocation bracket. Is it goes inside or outside the swingarm? I installed it on the inside. It looks right, but I'm afraid the swingarm touches it when I pass trought bumps on the road and damage it. Thanks a lot for your help.

Se ya

BRHarley

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, but I think we are talking about diferent things here. The problem in the other thread was just a missing washer. I just want to know if I installed the Saddlebags relocation kit in the right position (inside, and not between the footboard mount and the hole).
Thanks anyway.

BRHarley

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am not sure what you are asking, inside or outside of the swing arm. I did the bag relocate and floorboard fit. If i am understanding your question, i think it goes on the outside. When we did it the fit was a FIGHT. none of it fit well at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me try to explain better: when I took the footpeg out there was a hole on the frame where the screw was fixed. For the floorboard we have to use that same hole. The new screw for that hole is longer than the old one, so it will transpass the hole. Then I installed the saddlebag relocation bracket and lock it with the provided washer and locknut (on the screw part that transpassed the hole - inside). The point is that I'm afraid that the relocation bracket and the locknut touches the swingarm. I could install the relocation bracket before the hole (between the footboard mount and the hole - outside of the screw hole) but then the bracket does not fit well. That's the best I can do with my english! Hope its better now. Maybe some pictures...

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think the second way you are saying is right. As i recall it either hit the swingarm or didn't fit. You almost have to bend (bend is a bad word maybe flex) the saddlebag support arm for it to go on. It took 2 of us to fight them on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where does it GO??

So does the saddlebag relocation bracket go on the INSIDE or the OUTSIDE of the swingarm?

I have the passenger floorboards, the saddlebag relocation kit, which is just a bent piece of frustrating metal, and the rear saddlebag guards, and THEY DON'T ALL FIT TOGETHER!! If I place them in this order... saddlebag guard, relocation bracket, footboard mount... it doesn't all FIT!

The relocation kit comes with washers and nuts, and I can not figure out how to make all these things go together correctly. The floorboard mounts are too big to allow the relocation bracket to sit flush... because of the angle the bracket is bent... And where should the nut and washer go? The directions are vague about how it all works, in fact they contradict each other in places... So who can help me?? A PICTURE might be worth 1000 words...

Appreciate it, because I want to stop tinkering and START RIDING!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have the rear saddlebag guards, so I can't help you. My suggestion is that you go to a big Harley Store near you and look at the used bikes or the riders bikes that meet there on saturdays. A FLSTC with Passenger footboars with relocation bracket and rear guards is not too hard to find.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I installed the same thing you have on my 02 heritage. The relocation brackets go on the inside. Everything lined up fine. I see a lot of riders have had problems but everything I had went on fine! I did not tighten anything utill eveything was on including the bags.If you still have problems maybe I can post a pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts