V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlie and I went on a decent length ride this weekend. When we got back, I noticed some black skuff marks on my pipes. Her shoes apparently hit the pipes while we were on the road and melted a little (her shoes not the pipes). Anyway, so I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent this from happening in the future. The only options I can think of are either putting on passenger floorboards or somehow relotating the passenger footpegs up/away from the pipes.

Floorboards sound like a better idea, especially if my girl decides to wear boots with a heal on them (which she does alot). She won't have to stand on her tip-toes with the possibility of her foot slipping off the pegs.

HD makes a softail passenger floorboard kit (50459-06), but I'm not sure if it will fit on my bike with my Python Staggered exhaust. If it drops the boards down lower then the stock footpegs, then it might hit the exhaust. Anybody using this kit? Anyone use them with Python Staggered or pipes that are about level with the rear axle (like the Python Staggered)? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I have floor boards on my FLSTC and my wife when the bike was fairly new put a 2 inch round melted rubber spot on my pipe. I showed her and told her to keep her heal away from the exhaust, that it not only made a mess but would ruin her boots. ruining her boots probably was what did it, no major problem since.

·
Registered
603 Posts
petrock, that will always be a problem with pegs or floorboards. Just get used to it.

JMS in TX

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i told her that it would mess up her boots and she is concious of it etc. I guess if I had floorboards she wouldn't be doing a ballancing act the entire ride, and would ultimately be more comfortable for her (i.e. no nagging in my ear to pull over cause her feet hurt).

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have floor boards on my flstc with V&H BBS..the arm extends out and curves over the pipes and doesnt interfere with the exhaust....but there is still occasional black marks on the pipes. Always gonna happen.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GlennM said:
I have floor boards on my flstc with V&H BBS..the arm extends out and curves over the pipes and doesnt interfere with the exhaust....but there is still occasional black marks on the pipes. Always gonna happen.
GlennM, do you have pics (multi-angle)? Thanks alot...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have after market passanger boards on my FXSTC. My wife had a problem with rubbing her boots when the pegs were on, not anymore. Just bought and put on the python staggered exhaust this weekend and the boards hit the pipes. I'm gonna have to look into different boards or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.