V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, they appear to have the lowest prices on just about
everything. However, their service and attitude toward customers sucks.
I ordered some stuff from them a couple of weeks ago. I got a call on my
voicemail when I got home telling me that one of the items was backordered,
and if I didn't call back to tell them otherwise, they'd just wait and ship
them both together. I thought that was pretty cool that they tried to call
to tell me, instead of just sending an E-mail.
Fast forward to last week, I get my bank statement in the mail. And can you
believe it, there's a charge from Parts Direct. I have never heard of
charging someone for a backordered stock item. So I figure its a mistake,
and call them up to clarify it. The stupid $5/hr girl that answered the
phone told me that it is their policy to charge the card immediately, and
then wait for the item to come in. I could understand this if it was a
special order item, but for something that they stock on a regular basis,
this is unacceptable. To top everything off, the backordered item was
supposed to be in by 8/26. Checked their website last night and the damn
thing still hasn't shipped. I'm going to call today to find out where my
stuff is. I was planning on waiting it out, but now they're at two strikes.
If I get any attitude from them when I call today, that will make 3, and
I'll cancel the order.
I suppose the lesson learned here is that you get what you pay for. They
have to make up for the cheap prices somehow. Having nothing in stock, and
ordering everything when they get an order would be a great way to do it.
Now my $165 is sitting making them interest instead of me. A month's
interest on $165 ain't much, but if you do that to all your customers, it'll
add up.
With their prices being so low, I don't really expect that any of you will
quit buying from them, but at least be aware that they are crooks, plain and
simple.

·
Just bad
698 Posts
That's the problem with 90% of Internet parts and accessories vendors - they are drop shippers working out of their living rooms. What kills me is that those drop shippers have the best websites in terms of finding what you want, while the legit parts houses have websites that look like they were designed by someone that just bought an HTML book at Barnes & Noble :mad:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Norman,
Take a deep breath..Relax Dude. Are you talking about Direct Parts or Parts Direct?
If you are referring to Direct Parts, then there is just a big misunderstanding.
I have had nothing but great service from those people. When I question the possible fit for my application, they don't mind spending time.
(I always call in on the tech line, that way you get the real scoop)
I have ordered hundreds (>$1k total) several times now, and the parts always arrive when they say they will. Yes I have had at least one backorder, and they told me when I would get it. Just my experience.
It's your money bro, but coming in with a flame on your first post is kind of rude.
I am compelled to counter your statements on behalf of the newcommers to the forum that might put more weight into what you are saying by calling them names. I have referred them several times when asked where do I buy, and have even told this to the guys on the tech line about this forum. They are not stooopid, they know the power of the internet. Now call them back , be nice about it, get you parts, install them, go for a ride and post often.

·
old timer
516 Posts
I have dealt with them several times and always get good service. THe parts are there when I was told and they are always right on the price and application.

Maybe there really is a strike or some other unusual circumstance.

manny

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have also ordered from both companies over the last 2 years. Whenever you do an order over the phone have the person there check availability of parts and find out if it is on backorder before giving the credit card number. These companies do run your card immediatly because if you make an order, drop dead and they charge your card 3 days later when your stuff does come in, they have committed fraud unknowingly, but can be held responsible.
BTW, I have had good luck with both companies.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I wonder if you cancel, if they can charge you a restocking fee for something that is out of stock? :confused:

LOL! Chill man, these folks are ok.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK or not in your book has nothing to do with me. I'm just letting folks know that their business practices suck, and their piss poor attitude toward their customers sucks even more.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Norman74 said:
I'm just letting folks know that their business practices suck, and their piss poor attitude toward their customers sucks even more.
Then you're really in for a treat from h-d MoCo.

Blaaahahahahahaaahhaaaaaa(to borrow/steal from JimmyK - Do I have to pay some kind of royalties? :D )

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Norman74 said:
OK or not in your book has nothing to do with me. I'm just letting folks know that their business practices suck, and their piss poor attitude toward their customers sucks even more.
Fair enough, but that means your discontent has nothing to do with me either huh?

Welcome to The Forum. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JimmyK:
My point was you can take it or leave it for what its worth, if you still want to do business with them, that's your problem. I for one wish that someone had told me that they were crooks before hand. I haven't been on this board long enough to care about a fight with you. I said they are crooks, you said you like them, that should have sufficed. If you were out $165 with nothing but a piss pour attitude to show for it, I'm sure you wouldn't "chill" either. But then again, $165 may be chump change to you. To me, weather its $5 or $10k, I want what the hell I'm charged for, like every reputable business I've ever dealt with.

Unome:
EVERYBODY knows that the HD dealers are crooks, its in their manual. With that said, at least Zanotti has the decency not to charge you until the backordered item has come in, and is being shipped. I never thought I'd see the day where a stealer treated me better than an indie.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chops:
Just saw your post, and no, I triple checked because I didn't want to slam the wrong company, its parts direct that sucks. Having had no dealings with direct parts, I'll have to take your advice and check them out for the items I'm missing from the crooks.
As far as being rude, sorry if I offended or broke some unwritten rule of bikers on the net. These bastards have my cash, I don't have my sh!t, and I'm pissed. Wait until the shoe is on your foot and see how you feel.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Ding, Ding!..........

Anybody for a round of Tag boxing? :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Norman we ain't fighting.

The max they will hold a back order without canceling is 30 days.

"Back Orders

Occasionally a manufacture backorders an item we do not have in stock. We will automatically cancel a backorder after 30 days unless you the customer notifies us of your intentions to stay on a backorder wait. Backorders are filled and shipped when the part becomes available to us."

The implications of their posted policies / terms show that from time to time this kind of crap happens.

In each case where I have ordered, I got the parts within the week. If they had a reputation of this crap that would be one thing, but to be honest, they don't.

I hope it works out for you and you get your order soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Jimmy, I hope it works out too, and I am glad that you have had good experiences with them, it gives me hope that this is an isolated incidence and I can hope to benefit from their low prices in the future.

I just spoke to someone named Amy at Parts Direct, who promised to check into things for me and give me a call back, so hopefully things are looking up.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Norman74 said:
If you were out $165 with nothing but a piss poor attitude to show for it, I'm sure you wouldn't "chill" either. To me, weather its $5 or $10k, I want what the hell I'm charged for, like every reputable business I've ever dealt with.

Unome:
EVERYBODY knows that the HD dealers are crooks, its in their manual.
Norman74, You're gonna fit in fine on this forum. :D Give your opinion about who sucks and who don't. That's only way we all can figure out who to keep in business and who to avoid. Hope they get your problem straightened out and you get parts as ordered/wanted. Yeah, it does suck to order something, pay for it and then it not be there.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I agree with Unome, you are going to be a welcome member here! I think things will work out with these guys. I have a lot of riding partners that use em and this is the first time I heard anything bad.

Do a search here. When it comes to back orders No one has gottem stuck like I have ben for the last three months! LOL!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Being a manager in a retail environment I feel obligated to let you in on a secret. How you carry yourself as the consumer depends on well you are treated. Once the first problem arose how did you react? **** happens and you just happen to be the unlucky recipient. Calmly ask for a supervisor and calmly explain your issues. Any manager who gives a **** will feel like **** and bend over backwards to help you. Act like a prick and no one will help you. Just a thought

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Norman, no way should anyone be charging you for an item that hasn't shipped. It's one thing to verify the card, but, with the exception of some hotel reservations that I had to pay in full once at the time of purchase, I have never had my cards debited for something that I hadn't actually received or had been actually shipped. Once I ordered an item from JC Whitney for a cage, and they put the charge in on my card - and off three times in a week while they got twisted by their supplier. Each time they got stiffed on the actual ship, they took the item back off the card. I have an item back ordered now at another place that has been waiting for almost 4 months, but I don't care because they are the only ones that have it and they haven't billed me a dime.

Just tell them to put the money back and call you when they actually have the item.

PS. brodie, sorry man, you have no future with the MOCO!

PPS. jeez jimmyK, hot in houston today?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Yea it's hot as Hell and NO WIND if ya know what I mean?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts