V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g/f picked up a cv carb (junk meet) cause she knew I was looking for a cheap one, part number 27429-00, I know it fits a softail, FXSTD, according to the parts manual, ...... but .... I can't see how ??

take a look at these pics of it on my site please and see if you can tell me what manifold it goes on and what size the carb is.

http://www.geocities.com/~tex_rustler/mystery.html

the throat of the carb is half the size of a normal cv!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Well, I don't know what they sold her, but all the late OEM Keihin carbs are CV40's. As far as throttle bore and manifold mounting they are all the same.
The only reason a complete carb for the deuce has a different part # is because it has the decorative diaphragm cover that is thicker. Other then that it's the same carb.
There have been changes in the carbs in mid 00, but you would never know it without taking them apart. These are minor changes, notably to the accelerator pump circuit and it's why the later Dynojet kits no longer have the little accel pump balls and weights. On the TC carbs they also eliminated the bowl drain and most of the 02's have a full brass inlet. That's about it unless CRS has reared it's ugly head again.

If I had to take a guess some dude probably butchered something in a carb and used pieces to make one. Lots of japanese bikes use the same configuration Keihin CV and they come in all sorts of different throat diameters.

PS It sort of looks like a Kawyaharlsuky 67988-99, but WTF do I know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts