V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the HD part # for the 2006 Dyna 90* oil cooler line fittings? Just the fittings not the whole cooler.
The fittings that screw into the 2006 Dyna fixed oil filter mount.

·
Banned
871 Posts
Thomas Howard said:
Does anyone have the HD part # for the 2006 Dyna 90* oil cooler line fittings? Just the fittings not the whole cooler.
The fittings that screw into the 2006 Dyna fixed oil filter mount.
Is this cooler stock? If so, look in the parts catalog. If you don't have one (you should have it AND the factory service manual), then check with your local stealership. You can get the number from them and cross reference it to an aftermarket part to save some $$. You might be able to find some fittings in a hardware store that will work. I'm not sure about your cooler, but most fittings on a Harley have 1/8 NPT threads. Hardware stores usually have plenty on hand.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ToddM said:
Is this cooler stock? If so, look in the parts catalog. If you don't have one (you should have it AND the factory service manual), then check with your local stealership. You can get the number from them and cross reference it to an aftermarket part to save some $$. You might be able to find some fittings in a hardware store that will work. I'm not sure about your cooler, but most fittings on a Harley have 1/8 NPT threads. Hardware stores usually have plenty on hand.
I have the Factory Service Manual, I have both of the 2006 Dyna Owners Manuals Prefix A & *, I have the SE HD oil cooler, I have the parts list for the factory cooler, And I have a 2006 Dyna SuperGlide!! What I DON'T have is the HD part Number for the fittings! It's not in the 2006 Dyna Service Manual or Owners Manuals, it's not on the parts list for the cooler, even though they came with the cooler they're not listed on the parts list!!
The Brain Trust at the Stealership is "working on it" but doesnt have a "current listing for them".
Why I need the part # is for my buddy Racer Rick, he has a JAGG "down tube" cooler for his Street Bob but he needs the fittings to hook it up. With the fitting part #s we can get them crossed over locally and not have to deal with the Stealer 50 miles from here.

·
Banned
871 Posts
Just try a 1/8 NPT fitting with a nipple on the other end. You can get them for under a buck at a hardware store and they are just as good, if not better than the HD ones. They probably get them from the same manufacturer overseas, anyway. You'll save a lot of money and headaches if you buy things from somewhere other than a stealership. I've learned that from years of bad experiences with several stealers, paying outrageous prices for substandard parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts