V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,m going to put a C.V. carb on my pan.....just out of curiosity,but before I do I,m sending it out to RON TROCK to have his blessings bestowed upon it.....just curious to know if anyone here has done the same thing to their pan?

I,ve run S&S carbs for years on my pans and have had "so so" results....they dump a hell of alot of feul in that motor...I,m thinking the modified C.V. is the ticket!!! anyone?:whistle:

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
BIBS said:
I,m going to put a C.V. carb on my pan.....just out of curiosity,but before I do I,m sending it out to RON TROCK to have his blessings bestowed upon it.....just curious to know if anyone here has done the same thing to their pan?

I,ve run S&S carbs for years on my pans and have had "so so" results....they dump a hell of alot of feul in that motor...I,m thinking the modified C.V. is the ticket!!! anyone?:whistle:

It's a very common upgrade. I've seen many CV's on early bikes. I have one on my shovelhead but I made no changes other than the midjet which should be a #48 or #50.

I don't really understand why people feel the need to modify the CV's. Mine runs fine and has been on there for ten years or more and has never been apart.

Good luck.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Honestly the best carb I had on my 69 shovel was the one that came on it, a Tillotson. You just can't get parts for them anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts