V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some hard alum bags on my BMW that have been powder coated grey. I'd like to change the color to black, but don't really want the expense of powder coating again. Can i just just spray them with a durable top cover? And what would you recommend? I've heard the POR stuff is pretty durable. These bags see a lot of abuse so i need a finish that's not going to chip/scratch easily.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
miles to go said:
I have some hard alum bags on my BMW that have been powder coated grey. I'd like to change the color to black, but don't really want the expense of powder coating again. Can i just just spray them with a durable top cover? And what would you recommend? I've heard the POR stuff is pretty durable. These bags see a lot of abuse so i need a finish that's not going to chip/scratch easily.
The powder coating is going to give you the most durable / chip resistant finish but if you properly scuff & prep the grey any paint should stick to it. Still, if it was me, i'd re-powdercoat it black & be done with it. Do it right & cry once.
Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts