V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Normally, any part they add a letter to means that they have made a slight change to it. That is why you see some parts that end with a, b, c, or d.....they are the same part with just a slight change.

Steve

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The first five numbers in the part number is the part itself. The numbers after the hyphen is the year it first came out. For example, a 45733-48 is a tube plug oil seal used on the front forks of the FL series bikes from 1948 to present. If this part had a letter following the -48, then it would still be the same part but with an upgrade of some kind. (i.e.; 45733-48A).

Nuts, bolts, washers (common hardware) and most o-rings do not fall into this part number system. They typically have up to five numbers only (i.e.; part number 11105 is a rubber o-ring where as part number 0207 is a washer).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's all good but for some reason the dealers parts book says the A revision fits 04 and up but we compared it to my 02 and can't find anything different. for all i know it could be the shade of the brass in the inserts or the shade of the black paint. guess i should have asked if there's any difference between an 02 and 04 inner faring 'cause me and three other people looked at it and can't find anything different.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Not sure if this makes a difference but, I think 04 was when they went to a different angle on the fairing. I don't know that it would make a diff on the inner because I thought the new angle was achieved with a new mount bracket.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't know if it helps any, but I just replaced my original 2000 inner fairing with one taken off of a new '06. The inner fairing was replaced with a painted one and the original innerfairing fit my 2000 just fine. They should fit your '02 OK as well - even though they are not listed that was in the material.

Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts