V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,I have my own auto body repair shop in Ireland and have been painting and repairing auto bodys and motorcycles for 33yrs so if any of you need any advice on paint and clearcoat or waxing/polishing please free to ask!Check my story and reply in My story,the beginning titled Hello from Ireland.Take care,regards Mickey.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cool Mickey,,,,, Its allways good to have another paint slinger around,,, I do more of the airbrush end of things but I am involved in all of it. I'd like to know what brand of paint that you use the most over there?

James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi James,I use a lot of Max Meyer,which is actually made by PPG.I sometimes use Lesonal and Glasurit, but I really like Max Meyer,especially their clearcoat.I am repairing a 600cc Kawasaki for a good friend of mine who races this bike,I painted this bike last october towards the end of the racing season,but he had a bad crash after 3 laps,but he is o.k now and getting ready for the new season starting in April.I will use Max Meyer again.What brands do you use,and what do you think of them?Great to hear from you. Regards Mickey.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We use Lesonal quite a bit and axol nobel products for primers, reducers and clears.

For base coats we use HOK the most depending on the color. That is about all I use for airbrush. I used to use HOK for the whole job but lately I think that there foundation and finish products is not as well made. When they sold out to Valspar. It could be my imagination but I know that the products changed a bit.

And the painter I work with used to sell axol nobel and Lesonal products so we do good on prices and that is great paint.

I have not heard of Max Meyer before. I wonder if you can get it here in the U.S. ????

Do you have a website? I'd like to see some work.....

James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi James, sorry I dont have a website but I am about to repair my friends kawasaki and I will take some photos of the job as I go along and e-mail them to you if you like. Regarding Max Meyer,if you can get PPG you should be able to get Max Meyer,as PPG make it,might be worth checking it out.Keep in touch......MICKEY.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi James,no problem mate,I will send you some pics.I hope to start the repairs tomorrow Fri. All the best......Mickey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts