V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here, I just recently acquired a 03 Road King hard bagger that has a Dirty looking Blue sparkle look to it and does look like it is a two tone in some angles. I have tried the google deal and come up with 3 different colors none of them showing what each one looks like. Any help would be appreciated.
Road King 01 002.jpg

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gunmetal pearl

Sent from my coal burning bag phone using Tapatalk
Not sure of the Pearl, the paint has more small metal flake than pearl. Don't remember reading anything of the 03 colors being "Gun Metal Pearl" now Gun Metal Blue did come up.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Not sure of the Pearl, the paint has more small metal flake than pearl. Don't remember reading anything of the 03 colors being "Gun Metal Pearl" now Gun Metal Blue did come up.
Yeah, I noticed that the color names were not consistent across webpages. You might want to confirm the color at the dealer. I think they can look it up by the VIN.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I noticed that the color names were not consistent across webpages. You might want to confirm the color at the dealer. I think they can look it up by the VIN.

I did go to the Dealer and yes it is Gunmetal code 168 and in one of his other books it shows it as Gunmetal Pearl so yes you are right part right and others also part right, so everybody comes up as a winner LOL

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there were only 2 colors iirc for 2003 anniversary bikes silver was the other..
Your wrong there was 5 or 6 colors, the dealer I went to Palm Springs HD showed me the names of the colors just don't remember the names at this moment. Mine from the VIN showed only the word as Gunmetal code is 168.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was gunmetal blue? Sorry I just remember gun metal
You'd be right for Gunmetal only NOT Gunmetal Blue as I have seen from a HD Dealers books it only says my bike from its VIN #'s the bikes color is Gunmetal #168. But yes the color is of a Blue but just doesnt show in any HD books

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys n girls here is the proof form the Dealers VIN check, pic below only shows it as Gunmetal 168, 168 is the Paint Code that any paint store can use to mix the paint.
03 FLHRI info.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts