V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have the oil tank on my 2003 FXST painted to match the rest of the bike. I have it ready to paint but the body shop wants the paint code for the luxury blue perl paint so they can match it.

I called my Harley dealer where I purchased the bike and they said they couldn't give out the code because Harley PROTECTED it. Is their anyone out there that knows the paint code for the blue perl used on the 2003 bikes?

Thank you and Seasons Greetings.

·
Registered
135 Posts
All I can say is good luck. From what I have heard the '03 colors (and the custom paint colors) are very well protected. My brother got his fender scratched by a neighbor boy moving something in his garage and he had to buy an entire new fender. He has a '01 Fatboy with the blue over black custom color.

You won't get Harley to tell you the code.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Somebody has to know what it is. I was told by my dealer to take it to any PPG body shop and let the scan it. I called all of my local shops and none of them have the scan tools. I guess that I will have to make a trip to St. Louis to find a shop big enough to have a scanner.

I just can't believe that someone doesn't already have it. You can't tell me a 2003 hasn't been wreaked and been repaired by a body shop yet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I could be wrong but I do not believe Harley has release that information outside of Harley. You may be able to get someone to scan it but getting the actual code is going to be very tough.

A '03 may have been repaired by a body shop but I very seriously doubt that Harley released the actual paint code to them.

I would think someone knows what it is too. But will they tell you??? I sure hope so.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Why not try calling harley head office direct, explain the situation, and ask if you can BUY some paint from them? Interesting to see what they say.
BigG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts