V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I planning on switching out rear fenders on my fatboy and will need to paint and stripe the new fender to match the existing factory paint on my bike. Does anyone have a color codes for a pearl white fatboy with the silver/grey and maroon pinstripe? I'm looking to where I might be able to get this paint and if the stripes are a decal by chance or there is a stencil for these things out there already?

Any advice would be a major help.

Thanks,

Steven

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
You could just go for a new custom paint job...sans the stripes, or with if you like. I personally have done a fat boy in a silver / cobalt 2 tone, then put on factory decals and it came out great. Or I could airbrush the hd fatboy logo on, and then clear over it and you would not have any raised edges like you do with a decal...

Just wanting to give you another option...

Good luck!
Pat

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
It is very hard to match a pearl. If you really want it to match, spray the whole thing. The standard Birch White and Gloss Black are easy to match, but colors fade and pearls change. What might match today, might not match in a year, due to different fading rates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe that if you were to talk to a Sherwin Williams AUTOMOTIVE rep, you may be able to get the pearl white code from them, too. At one point, I had downloaded the software my friend had (he was a rep) and saw they had the pearl white paint code in their listing. I believe he said it was an actual Harley color, but this was more than 6 years ago. I can't be absolutely sure. From what it sounds like, the PPG codes are what you'd have to work with.

Also, I believe the Glacier White has the BLUE tint from sunlight, while the Pearl White has the pinkish glow / tint from sunlight. I'm glad they put pinstripes on these so you can at least tell from pics on EBay what you're looking at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts