V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The weekend of Oct. 15-16 I rode up to northern Pennsylvania to see the Fall colors. The weather was cold, warm, sunny and rainy. The colors were just a few days before their peak.

My first picture stop was in Kane.

And at a colorfully painted building in Mt. Jewitt.

Then on to the Kinzua bridge, built in 1882 and partially destroyed by a tornado in July, 2003.

I decided to spend the night in Coudersport, PA. There's a grand old victorian house wasting away on Main street.

The next day I stopped at Jake's Rocks overlook...

Above the Allegheny river.

After that I headed home, passing though a hour of rain near Meadeville, PA. The route I followed was:
I-79 North to
PA 528 N to
PA 68 N to
Benbrook Rd N to
US 422 E to
PA 68 N to
PA 66 N to
US 6 E to
Coudersport, PA
US 6 W to
PA 59 W to
US 6 W to
US 19 S to
PA 68 E to
I-79 South

·
Registered
769 Posts
PA has some great riding .... i have a friend in smethport pa ,,,, we rode out to see him a couple years ago .....did some of route 6. the western part of the state that we rode has some great roads .... not too twistie so you can enjoy the view but with ample sweepers to keep the ride interesting.... its perfect for a nice run on a HD .. rat

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah,
did this same basic ride from Wattsburg ( outside Erie) to Bradford and back this past August. I'm from The Burgh too, originally, and ride home to see family in both Pittsburgh and Erie, My best riding buddy is in Wattsburg, and he took day off to ride with me and my new Roadglide. we too stopped at Jake's Rocks, and other various places to chat and enjoy views. I'm looking forward to riding with him again in the spring. Sometime i'll have to ride up there in the fall ( went to Edinboro Univ. which is right ON Rt. 6!)
ride safe ya'll
ric
a damn Yankee

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the views and replies.
Tim

·
void** ppVoid;
895 Posts
Yup. Great ride!!

I went out across PA route 6 / 59 (smethport) from eastern PA (around scranton) all the way to edinboro (south of erie) last week. The route is fantastic and scenic.

I do this route 1 - 3 times a year. It is always a blast.

Next trip I will bring my camera and take some pics!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pa. mountains

I live westren NY. I spend all my free time riding in the route 6 area.
Take 6 to 62 south west of warren pa. Follow 62 to 36 south to
Cooksforest. I do about 5 times a year. It unbeliveable ride. Then take
949 north and stop at the Farmer Inn fun for evey body.

:yikes: AlexJudy

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Tim--nice pics and travelogue. Sounds like it was a nice little weekend get-away in a beautiful part of the country. The house looks too nice to let fall apart--it could be beautiful again. Interesting that they never rebuilt the bridge. I have a lowrider; how's your dyna for long trips? Love mine. Thanks for posting.:wavey: P.S. It would be interesing to know the hx of that house--beautiful architecture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts