V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but I am going to ask. Does anyone know what the trouble code P1010 Password Missing EFI actually means or how to correct the problem? 2002 FLSTFI

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The ECM and TSM/TSSM excange passwords when communicating back and forth with each other. An incorrect or missing password will set this code. There is a flow chart listed in the H-D Electronic Diagnostic Manual that has you connect H-D breakout box, check voltages, shorts to grnd etc. Finally if that all checks out and the problem persists, it recommends replacing the TSM/TSSM or the ECM and reprogram/relearn the password.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd contribute to help anyone with the same problem. P1010 means "missing password". I recently had this problem on a 2009 FLSTF fatboy. (I had no indicators, no alarm and the bike would not crank over, red key in dash light). took it to the dealer, they did a few tests and worked out that the TSSM or "smart security system module" had **** itself. They replaced it for $750.00 ($450 for part and the rest is two hours labour). Australia dollars, yeah I know what a rip. Anyone with the same problem, you could easily get this part online for around $55.00 us dollars or about $85.00 Australian, then you follow a process to marry the ECU and key for together (about 1/2 an hour).
I asked the dealer, what caused the part to fail and what part on the circuit board **** itself, this was way to hard for him to answer, answer was, we replaced the part, it works and that's it. Well, how do I stop this from happening again, he didn't know what to answer.
I have posted some pictures underneath of how to diagnose this code, (this came from Harley workshop manual)
Also pictures of the circuit board from the TSSM module, if anyone knows what the burnt out chip is and does, I would be very interested to know as to stop this from happening again.
There is also a step by step instructions of how to programme the new TSSM module to your bike.
Cheers, from Sydney, Australia.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, just an update of what caused the above meltdown. Please see attached picture.
Also these semiconductors are available online for less than $5.00. if your keep and can solder.
SEMICONDUCTOR PART NO. SCZ74899AEG

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
FURTHER UPDATE. What caused the chip to blow up in the tssm was an antigravity battery. Basically these batteries have too much volts (when sitting, bike off 13.3v. when bike started 14.8v (normal), but when you increase the revs of the bike, it goes over 16v which in turn can blow up electronics. (initially thought of the regulator). I had p1006 and p1007 codes recently after having replace the tssm module. cleared the codes, but they kept coming back. I changed my battery from Antigravity one to the original one (Yuasa) and no more codes. Bike works great, it's been over a week now with the original battery back in and no issues. So if I left in the antigravity battery, it would of been a time bomb for another failed tssm or ecu due to over voltage. I'm glad i got to the root of the problem before more expensive repairs. Cheers.

·
Registered
16,594 Posts
....but when you increase the revs of the bike, it goes over 16v which in turn can blow up electronics.
Since a battery can't generate electricity, wouldn't that make it a charging system problem?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts