• Total voters
161 - 180 of 209 Posts

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Welcome to the VTF.

The V-Twin Forum that is.

An internationally renowned, over sized pack of motorcycle flavored, Chewing gum for the mind.

Post up and have a ball.....

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
1. 47 ain't old (at least for around here)

2. Congrats on the glide, awesome toy for a big boy on his 2nd childhood. (takes one to know one)

3. Welcome to the best dog gone forum for people in your shoes.

4. Hang out and meet some of the fine folk here at the VTF.

5. Go to No. 4.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Welcome to the VTF.

The real forum, for real people who have and love real motorcycles.

A great place to hang out during the play-offs and cup finals.

Post up and contribute to the ever expanding, universal air cooled mind that Dave built.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Welcome to the VTF.

Best of luck on your entering the wonderful world of motorcycle ownership. May you extract every drop of enjoyment out of it.

I would suggest taking the safety course. Borrow a Buddie's machine to get your license. Then try renting, test riding and borrowing bikes to find out what bike feels best.

As riders, we are simply points that some dude in a lab coat with an over stuffed pocket protector will attempt and succeed to plot on the bell curve of rider skill.

Some folks come out of the hole ready to ride, others take longer. Some are not built for riding. We are all a little different and learn at our own pace.

Take your time and stay safe, MY new VTF brother.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Welcome (back) to the finest forum this side of the galaxy.

For all the reasons you decided to return, this is the Forum of the chosen few.

Grab a handful of throttle and get some opposite lock in the up hill twisties ahead.

The Universal Mind of v-twin, air cooled motorcycles that D. Price Fathered..........THE V-TWIN FORUM.COM

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Hi Bruce:

Welcome to the one forum on the planet where you and your motorcycle shall be understood, appreciated and respected.

Post up and keep on riding.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Welcome to the internationally recognized king of V-Twin engine powered motorcycle forums.

The VTF is everything from a virtual encyclopedia of techno-knowledge to a place to meet interesting motorcycle enthusiasts.

Post up and enjoy you time out of the wind.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Welcome to the forum of real human beings who ride real motorcycles in the real world.

These distinguished individuals choose to meet and communicate in a forum that the well known, highly respected motorcycle intellectual by the name of D. Price created.

So enjoy this fine forum for all it's highly polished chrome and loud pipes.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
You have reached another bench mark in your life long interest of motorcycling. Congratulations.

You have decided to join a forum where air cooled, v-twin engines are king.

The VTF has a new member of distinguished gentlemen who "get that kid in the candy store feeling" about big American Motorcycles made by a company that is 103 years old.

Post up and make friends.......at's all here at the ever expanding v-twin universal mind of VTF.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
OK,

Sorry to "double post" I have deiced to log some of my original, "One off" welcome to the forum posts I have made.

If this is against the rules, please let me know. (addressed to Mr. Price or his delegated green team)

If I offend or piss any one off by what I choose to put in this area, Please feel to direct your attention to an alternate thread or feel equally as free to express your views here and now.

Go ahead, I can take it....let me have it...just ignore the loaded piston on my belt.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
A Father's day wave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I was taking my 13 year old son for a ride. This particular son of mine is a great kid. A kid with hopes and dreams like all kids.

A deletion of Q-22, I think that's what they called it back in the ICU so many years ago.

He has a ticket to the ride. A ticket to ride on the short bus. I love him for who is is and I do not want to limit his potential by my own prejudice.

We saw many other bikes. On today's long ride in the sun. Some were H-D others were not. I wave at every flipping bike if I don't have a hand full of clutch leaver.

When we stopped for lunch he asked me why I waved at all the bikes. I thought of this thread and tried not to laugh as I explained some of the reason why I wave.

Then He asked me if my wave was a "Secret wave" that he noticed I reacted differently when bikes like mine drove by. That I waved differently to Harley's.

I later thought about his insight and have concluded he is right. I do infact have a secret wave to fellow H-Ds on the road.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Wave

It's all about the wave.

Who's green or orange or blue........no difference. I will wave at you.

I was the guy riding on the highway yesterday in the short pants, boat shoes and golf shirt. I took the time to wave.

I blew past all the people and their self imposed hierarchy of placement. Sometimes it happens at 70 mph, other times it takes the mid 90s to shake off the flies.

I wave at all the little kids who will grow up to enjoy the wind.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
P 0 P E Y E said:
Wave

It's all about the wave.

Who's green or orange or blue........no difference. I will wave at you.

I was the guy riding on the highway yesterday in the short pants, boat shoes and golf shirt. I took the time to wave.

I blew past all the people and their self imposed hierarchy of placement. Sometimes it happens at 70 mph, other times it takes the mid 90s to shake off the flies.

I wave at all the little kids who will grow up to enjoy the wind.
PoPeYe, this is why you are an absolute legend and a true gentleman.

Thankyou my spinach eating friend.

Bear hug and backslapping from down under.

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
My friend sent me an email:

Please help me decide what bike to buy
Only, I am not sure which one will fit me best
Should I get the Roadking or a Soft Tail?
Electra glides are cool too.
Red is a great color but black is faster.

Please help my friend.

·
Registered
635 Posts
P 0 P E Y E said:
My friend sent me an email:

Please help me decide what bike to buy
Only, I am not sure which one will fit me best
Should I get the Roadking or a Soft Tail?
Electra glides are cool too.
Red is a great color but black is faster.

Please help my friend.
Read up on the options that each bike has to offer
Even checking other dealerships for their prices

And then get a trailer so that you can say:

We
Haul
Our
Rides
Everywhere

%[email protected]

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Have you ever?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever learned that someone was chasing you, mad as heck, a day or two after you got off your bike? You had no idea that some fool was trying to keep up or overtake you while you just were cruising along, digging your ride.

When you were single, Have you ever totally missed the fact that some chick was hot for you. She had to reach out and let you know or you still would not have gotten a clue. (You Married the girl 20 years ago)

Have you ever pulled up to a light on your bike and had some hot babe ask " is that a Honda?" NO

Have you ever found out too late that you have a booger on your face after talking to someone? You wonder why they did not say anything, then you remember you have done the same thing.

Have you ever been with a few buddies, seen a hot chick walking toward you say holly ship...look whats coming our way only to find out it's your buddies old lady?....Your buddies Mother?

·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
71baldboy said:
PoPeYe, this is why you are an absolute legend and a true gentleman.

Thank you my spinach eating friend.

Bear hug and backslapping from down under.
Thanks Ange,

It's great to know my "blog" has made someone laugh.

It seems that I may have ruffled afew feathers with my sense of humor from time to time.

Thanks for stopping by my long haired, biker friend form the land down under.

Say hi to George

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
P 0 P E Y E said:
It seems that I may have ruffled afew feathers with my sense of humor from time to time.
I wouldn't give that a second thought - wankers can't take a joke that's their problem :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

161 - 180 of 209 Posts