V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess that would be the Fat Boy, Deuce, and V-Rod...

Can you see your tach needle at night?

Aparrently, on the Screamin Eagle V-Rod, you can't (maybe if you stare at it) see the needle at night. There had been a bunch of discussion over at the v-rod forum about this issue and I'm wondering if it applies to the other SE bikes as well.

Anyone notice this?

NO needle lighting:

STOCK needle lighting:

HEAVYCYCLES' modified needle lighting:

·
Goooood morning, Vietnam!
391 Posts
Posted at 2:26AM???!!!!! Doc, you need to get some sleep.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
The modified tac looked good. The others were not visible enough to warrant looking at them in a night setting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have no problems seeing the tach/needle on my '03 SE Road King. It's not overly bright by any means, but I don't think I'd want it that much brighter to be a distraction.

On the new models, you should have a built-in rev limiter...just wing it up till the limit starts shutting down and shift... :laugh:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EZRIDN said:
I have no problems seeing the tach/needle on my '03 SE Road King. It's not overly bright by any means, but I don't think I'd want it that much brighter to be a distraction.

On the new models, you should have a built-in rev limiter...just wing it up till the limit starts shutting down and shift... :laugh:

this isn't about overly bright... this is about barely visible, if at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have an 02 flhrsei and I can see mine just fine, it has the silver backing. I guess I really dont pay to much attention to it though. Who needs a tach anyway. Listen to that motor.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm, I suspect they used different tachs on the VRSCE and the '04-up bikes due to the serial data bus sytem... the '03-down SE bikes more than likely have a different tach.

that is a silver face SE tach:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, I think the problem is with all and only the spun aluminum face tachometers... except those on the Ultras and Road Glides. Just the ones that mount in a gauge cup... from the factory or bought as an accessory.

Should be the same one on the SE Fat Boy as well.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Hey Doc, have you ever changed the look of one of the replacement HD Tac/Speedo combo's like I have on my bike?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fatb0y said:
Hey Doc, have you ever changed the look of one of the replacement HD Tac/Speedo combo's like I have on my bike?

no, but I'm sure it's basically the same lighting setup as a regular speedo... the only thing that would really matter is wether it's a '99-'03 or an '04-up piece.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
no, but I'm sure it's basically the same lighting setup as a regular speedo... the only thing that would really matter is wether it's a '99-'03 or an '04-up piece.
The part is on an 03 bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts