V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kept my bike in a neighbors shop until I finished building my house. It has extremely small spots all over it. I think it is overspray from where he was painting something in his shop. It is a fine mist over everything, painted and chrome. I have tried waxing and never dull but they did not help any. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
bug and tar remover? meguairs cleaner wax?? not sure but i would definetly try turtle wax bug and tar remover. shouldnt hurt anything.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Like the previous post said, get the clay bar.
I had overspray on a new black Trans Am and the clay was the last resort, but it works, period. Nothing else would touch it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Give Griots Garage a call they may be able to help. They are pricey though. griotsgarge.com out of Seattle I think.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Take it to a professional detailer.... or a good boddy shop..... will be costly but at least you can rest assured that they will re-buff the clear coat ..... The chrome being harder can take a little more rubbing but the clear coat wil show rub marks if you do it yourself by hand.... that is unless you are a professional yourself... or feel confident..

·
Registered
174 Posts
I used WD 40 on a soft rag to get overspray off....work great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts