V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 softail standard; I noticed a rubber hose, left side one inch back of swingarm bolt.

When I moved bike little drops of gasoline dripped on the driveway.

Is this blow by that I've not noticed before. Just small drops left a little trail.

Can anyone explain the hose and droplits of gas.

Thank you very much, knuckleheader:huh:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
knuckleheader said:
My 07 softail standard; I noticed a rubber hose, left side one inch back of swingarm bolt.

When I moved bike little drops of gasoline dripped on the driveway.

Is this blow by that I've not noticed before. Just small drops left a little trail.

Can anyone explain the hose and droplits of gas.
I can imagine at one of your fuel stops you overfilled a little and that gas was in your overflow hose you were wondering about.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tolson1948 said:
I can imagine at one of your fuel stops you overfilled a little and that gas was in your overflow hose you were wondering about.
that must be it. I had just refueled 1.5 mi. from my mothers house.

Yeh, I generally try to max it out. I would usually fuel back near the house, go home couple of miles. Never noticed.

From now on I'll be satisfied not to put that little bit extra in.

Thanks tolson1948,

Try this, when down shifting, shift lever gets"loose" have to play with it to change gears.

I have a little play in( maybe tiny more than quarter inch) clutch lever. Do I need a clutch adjustment. will it stop loose foot lever

By the way just about 5,000 mi. 4986 to be exact.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Try this, when down shifting, shift lever gets"loose" have to play with it to change gears.

I have a little play in( maybe tiny more than quarter inch) clutch lever. Do I need a clutch adjustment. will it stop loose foot lever

By the way just about 5,000 mi. 4986 to be exact.
__________________All I can tell you is about one time I put a "linkage cover" on my wifes bike and she had a tough time getting the next gear up, then she couldn't get it to downshift. I then "adjusted" the linkage to be looser and still it didn't help any. Finally dawned on me that the cover was having contact with the inside of the nearby inner primary. We solved the problem by taking off the cover and taking a dremel tool to it to make it not have any contact with the primary.I also adjusted the clutch and the linkage rod and the problem went away.
Moral of the story is if you recently added something, start looking for the solution there.
My wife was not satisfied with the cover later on and went to a chromed shifter rod linkage and then we gave the cover to our ex son in law.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts