V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone else outraged that some folks in Congress lambasted General Patraeus for his PROFESSIONAL and HONEST report?

Is anyone else outraged that the NY TIMES ran a full page add from moveon.org that reffered to GEN Patreaus as "GEN Betray Us"?

Anyone else watch CSPAN when Hilliary spoke out against the findings and said "...meanwhile, "OBAMA" bin Laden remains running around free?

Can anyone tell me why they are not outraged at these tactics, no political party mentioned or offered, just some fellow citizens, feel that the US military needs to be defeated and will say anything against it or against anyone that supports the military?

The man (Gen Petreaus) spent 37 years learning, developing, refining our forces and his professional assessment and candor comments are attacked??? WTF. Hillary who? Obama who? Oh--but we support our troops...or we value our troop's feedback...or we value their contributions...WTF.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Gee.... did you hear the President of Move-on.org? We need to take heed of these people. They are a threat. "General BeTrayUs" is what he calls our number one General in Iraq. This guy needs a new country to call his home.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
*** for tat

kelly said:
Is anyone else outraged that the NY TIMES ran a full page add from moveon.org that reffered to GEN Patreaus as "GEN Betray Us"?
HUM did the TV spots by the Swift boaters meet with your approval during the last election? Or do you support selective freedom of speech?

I'll bet moveon paid for ever inc of their ad just like the rest of the advertisers do. Freedom of speech thing I'd say.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
If I recall correctly, the Swiftboaters had some facts in their pocket, and some wittinesses. John Kerry's military record that he attempted to keep out of public view was all they wanted to bring to light. I didn't hear the President of Move-on.org speak of anything he claimed to be facts. I could be wrong about all this though.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
toybox99615 said:
HUM did the TV spots by the Swift boaters meet with your approval during the last election? Or do you support selective freedom of speech?

I'll bet moveon paid for ever inc of their ad just like the rest of the advertisers do. Freedom of speech thing I'd say.
kelly asked if anyone else was outraged? He didn't ask if anyone thought that MoveOn or the NY Times should not be allowed to run the ad. Don't mix the two issues.

I fully support the Dixie Chicks right to say whatever they want. I also fully support my right to be outraged by what they say and to never support them in anyway. I also support my right to boycott radio stations who play their music and to not support businesses who advertise on those radio stations.

Everyone has the right to free speech as guaranteed by the Constitution. There's nothing in the Constitution that guarantees you protection from the fallout they may occur as a result of your speech short of criminal acts against you.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
kelly said:
Anyone else watch CSPAN when Hilliary spoke out against the findings and said "...meanwhile, "OBAMA" bin Laden remains running around free?
To answer your questions, yes I was pissed off when I read about it too.

Conerning the portion I quoted above, did Hillary really say OBAMA bin Laden as a purposeful swipe at Senator? I didn't see that one. If so, that's an extremely distasteful thing to say. I don't support Senator Obama, but I wouldn't resort to saying that.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
claytp1 said:
To answer your questions, yes I was pissed off when I read about it too.

Conerning the portion I quoted above, did Hillary really say OBAMA bin Laden as a purposeful swipe at Senator? I didn't see that one. If so, that's an extremely distasteful thing to say. I don't support Senator Obama, but I wouldn't resort to saying that.
Yes...she said said, I saw it. I heard it. She said OBAMAbin Laden Don't have a transcript or video link for it--you'll have to watch a rebroadcast of the CSPAN2 coverage. I'll do a little surfing to get a link.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I'm glad they(moveon) did it. (with my apologies to General Petraeus)

so everyone can see them for what they are and identify all the politicians that feed on their support base.

it pretty much highlights the duds now, doesn't it. if you had any questions before, you shouldn't now!

nobody is perfect or immune from problems but this is just about the perfect "gift" and needs to be repeated all the way to the next election day.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
lack of class

In reality all these adds and comments being made by candidates, parties and organized groups only prove that American politics has lost all its class. We have gone into an era where the mud slinging of the past has become so common that it is not even looked at. Meanwhile we observe full paid adds in newspapers and other periodicals combined with TV and radio adds that discredit every candidate or others affiliated with a political issue (the general being one who has fallen victim to this trend.)

What ever happened to good old common sense on the part of voters? Maybe there never was any common sense but I sure hoped there was. Now as the result of instant media the rebuttals or denials appear faster than the original issue on the web. And sadly many times the truth is so hidden that even those who made up the story can not be sure of what they were trying to say or disprove.

Freedom of speech is a great right in our country. It is just kind of sad that the right seems to have lost the related responsibility that one expects to be attached to the right. Our political system is rapidly loosing any class when it comes to campaigns. When will we find a few candidates who will present the issues without the smoke, answer questions without sidestepping during their reply, have the courage to stand by their convictions, be responsible enough to admit their mistakes and generally be a person of moral convictions that American can be proud off. IMHO we are a notion with a lack of class in the political arena.

·
Twist it, pop it, burn it
161 Posts
toybox99615 said:
What ever happened to good old common sense on the part of voters? Maybe there never was any common sense but I sure hoped there was. Now as the result of instant media the rebuttals or denials appear faster than the original issue on the web. And sadly many times the truth is so hidden that even those who made up the story can not be sure of what they were trying to say or disprove.

aint it the truth

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
kelly said:
Yes...she said said, I saw it. I heard it. She said OBAMAbin Laden Don't have a transcript or video link for it--you'll have to watch a rebroadcast of the CSPAN2 coverage. I'll do a little surfing to get a link.
I like to call myself an independant democrat but that really turns me off. She should never make fun of his name like a little kid in the schoolyard.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
toybox99615 said:
In reality all these adds and comments being made by candidates, parties and organized groups only prove that American politics has lost all its class. We have gone into an era where the mud slinging of the past has become so common that it is not even looked at. Meanwhile we observe full paid adds in newspapers and other periodicals combined with TV and radio adds that discredit every candidate or others affiliated with a political issue (the general being one who has fallen victim to this trend.)

Freedom of speech is a great right in our country. It is just kind of sad that the right seems to have lost the related responsibility that one expects to be attached to the right. Our political system is rapidly loosing any class when it comes to campaigns. When will we find a few candidates who will present the issues without the smoke, answer questions without sidestepping during their reply, have the courage to stand by their convictions, be responsible enough to admit their mistakes and generally be a person of moral convictions that American can be proud off. IMHO we are a notion with a lack of class in the political arena.
Amen brother. The problem is the public as a whole seems to lap it up. Don Henley's Dirty Laundry applies so well to politics.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
I think the timing of the Move On ad says it all. The ad was printed before he even gave the report.

·
Banned
6,663 Posts
Funny..if he had offered the pullout option, he'd be a hero! Funny all Dems and left-wing "Move-ons" type hate Bush, but don't have the guts to vote for pullout, nor cutoff for funding. Funny...no Dems are distancing themselves from that rude and disrespectful ad. Soros should be shot, and he should Move-on to another Country that meets w/ his approval/

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
HarleyComforts said:
Funny..if he had offered the pullout option, he'd be a hero! Funny all Dems and left-wing "Move-ons" type hate Bush, but don't have the guts to vote for pullout, nor cutoff for funding. Funny...no Dems are distancing themselves from that rude and disrespectful ad. Soros should be shot, and he should Move-on to another Country that meets w/ his approval/

I must agree, he should be shot because he could do his mess from anywhere in the world.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Is it any suprise that a general in the US army is going to side with his Commander in Chief? Has everyone forgotten the lies told the general public about body counts and such? And how we were winning?
Next, lets send over an official from a corporation that is making money over there. Lets see what his report says.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts