V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I occasionally go to www.harleypeople.org , www.cruisebikes.net , and www.cycleworld.com but just read the posts for the most part....don't really post much there myself. This is by far the best site of this type for HD I have yet to see, with the best people. No attitude here.....there is a lot of it on the other sites.

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with Gunslinger. This site is head and shoulders above the others. Besides the sites he mentioned, I also visit www.bikerheaven.org from time to time. It's sometimes interesting to post the same question on several sites to see the difference in responses and attitude.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Let me open up a can of worms. LOL. There are a lot of other Harley and bike sites. I like popping in to say HI at some and just read others. We all visit and post where we feel comfortable. I'm attatched to this one and hope it continues to grow. There are some sites however that I don't care to post at. Our site attracts riders that seem to be genuine and have a passion for Harleys and who share good tech info and treat each other with respect. The sites that aren't that appealing to me are ones that seem to have a lot of people trying so hard to fit the BIKER mold that their disrespect and language stands out like a sore thumb. Sad but true. There are bros and sisters all over the net that have my respect. I visit many sites but enjoy this one the most.

Later,
FifthGear

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
GROUCHO....glad to see you. Actually as a moderator I haven't done much here. I think I have merged one thread and deleted a duplicate. But I would be posting here anyway, I just figure that if I am going to be here I may as well try to help out.

I think that the speed of this site dramatically improved for me since DP swapped over to the new sever. It seems to be as fast as the fastest ones that I've seen that aren't just text sites. Do you notice any speed improvement on your end?

Later,

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
DITTO. I echo the comments of the fellow members.

The quality of the members here is IMHO among the highest of any sites on the Internet. Not that I'm biased or anything!!! ;) Respect and maturity are practiced here.

I'm also a member of several Internet groups/sites/forums/boards. Delphi and yahoo have many options. I've seen a number of the members here posting at other sites. Occasionally, members have different screen names but often their names are the same. As FifthGear has done, I've invited folks from other groups. I hope that anyone here feels comfortable in inviting folks into the H/D Forum.

The Internet is a big place. There is plenty of room for all kinds of H/D and biker sites. It's important to find places where you feel comfortable. Indeed, we have members here who operate their own sites. Knowing that, I'm comfortable recommending one site over another. I'll leave that to other members. But there are many, many useful and helpful sites out there!!!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
When I need a good laugh I visit rec.motorcycles.harley, the virtual bar & grill.You can pick up some good all around advice but you have to wade through 3 feet of garbage! It seems like lately it's become a haven for trolls, one idiotic post will start a flaming frenzy. Kind of pathetic, I think.

This forum is by far the classiest, most addicting out there.Respect,be it in here or on the road, goes a long way.As I've said before, it's the people here that make this place what it is. I'm proud to be a part of it!
guido

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
guido said:
When I need a good laugh I visit rec.motorcycles.harley, the virtual bar & grill.
Guido,

You're right, rmh can be a chuckle every now and then but mostly its bullshit.

The Harley Digest (http://www.thinkage.on.ca/~hoglist/ ) and

Yahoo's Harley TC88 group are light years better. Terrific source of information and intelligent humor.

Regards,

wyo

·
Registered
380 Posts
harley talk

Like 5th gear said i have been to other sites, but i always come to this one. i like all the people and am interested in what they have to say. not to much stupid stuff. and it feels like home and i have not seen any body get mad a launch into a bitching session. i like it here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts