V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 lowrider with the original bigshots. I love the looks and the chrome is great, but the sound is not quite what I am looking for. I read somewhere that an aftermarket baffle with a torque cone works well. The pipes are only 1 3/4" but the covers are 2 1/2". Has anybody tried anything that worked, or should I start looking at new pipes.
Any suggestions??

Thanks
Lowharley

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zappmann is correct. I think the crossover tubes started this year. These pipes were on the bike when I bought it, which was around May of 2001.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
thanks for the info guys, hippo said that the efi bikes would probably run better with a two into one or something with a crossove int it, just wanted to be sure before ordering

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone ever tried or know of anyone that has tried the torque cones?
If so, are they worth it or not? Do they make any difference on a dyno?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Torque cones make very little difference on the dyno - and be careful with dyno results. If you go to a dyno that is in a controlled enviornment that is fine. These guys with mobile dynos are not good.

If you like Vance and Hines and want a little more sound take a look at www.bigcitythunder.com

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Halehardy. I emailed big city thunder to see if they have blasters that will fit 1 3/4" pipes. Do you know anyone who has tried them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, I know several people including myself. They give the bike a deeper sound and also it backs off like crazy when you let off the throttle. And my bike has lost the throttle hesitation.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got an email from big city thunder, they just came out with something for 1 3/4" pipes. However, he didn't really think that they would work in pipes as short as mine. Or that is the way his email sounded. He asked for some more info. and I sent it. Maybe it will work. Thanks for the tip though!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts