V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Last week I went to the dealer and ordered some parts (front tyre,...) as usual.

Among these parts there was a gas additive for winter and engine oil HD 10W40 .

I thought to put them because I have a trip to Germany in two weeks under very low temperatures.

Ok,they tell me that they can't satisfy my demand because the additive comes in boxes of 24 'bottles' , I only wanted one and nobody else uses it.

The same with the oil,they never put 10W40,always 20W50 so they ask me what to do with the rest of the package...

Is this sad behaviour usual among HD dealers? What can I do?

Normally It seems to me I have to thank the dealer for letting me spend my money in his business...

I've been spending a lot of money during a year in this dealer but after that probably I'll begin to do self-maintenance.

Best Regards

Twin Cam
FLSTS '01

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Gotta remember that they are in it for the money and would hate to purchase something that they can't sell. It would take them half the case to sell to brake even. Still, sounds kinda cheap... :(

Do a search on the discussion board here for "oil" and then go out and find some alternativie oils to purchase based on your new knowledge. I am pretty sure you can still get Moble V-Twin out there, a friend of mine was just in Spain renting a bike and that's all they had in the "rental" place. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you JFScheck

I'll put myself a good oil for cold weather and end of history.

Bye,Bye stealer :mad:

By the way here is a pic of my fattie ;)

Regards,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poseidon said:
UMMM... Thats a springer?
Yes,a 99% stock heritage springer ,year 2001. 22000 Kms and any problem...it's trusty like BMW's :)

Not a bestseller but is a great bike.

What do you think over there about this model?

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
That's a great lookin' bike!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Twin Cam, yer bike is an absolute belter.

Do you find the seat tolerable - heard alot about folk changing the H. Springer saddle due to it being an [email protected] killer. Given your mileage, I guess you've no real problems with it. (reason I'm asking is I'm in decision mode about accessories for my FLSTS expected in 2 months time).

On the dealer issue JFSCheck seems on the mark.

Cheers;

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your comments

Here this kind of bikes are seen as prehistoric...rice burners are the queens :(

Tom Skillen said:

Do you find the seat tolerable - heard alot about folk changing the H. Springer saddle due to it being an [email protected] killer. Given your mileage, I guess you've no real problems with it. (reason I'm asking is I'm in decision mode about accessories for my FLSTS expected in 2 months time).

My nickname is 'Ironbutt' :D

I find the saddle very correct...for my weight (85 Kgs).Long runs of more than ten hours without major concerns.

However I noticed a big improvement when hardening 'two points' the rear shocks setting.I think it comes from factory with the softest setting (five positions of spring compression).Confort and ever handling improves a lot.In addition I ride normally alone,if you ride with passager I think is a must.

In long runs a good support belt for kidneys is very helpful too.

Ride with original saddle for some months including some long runs and if you need to improve it,try to put more foam in the saddle.I have some friends that made it in other bikes and runs well,it's cheap and you maintain the saddle's style.:)

About other accessories...the front guard engine is very useful,gives some protection in city and when the bike drops...

Regards

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
HEY TWIN-CAM

That is one SUPER SWEET BIKE you have there!!! :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Twin Cam said:

Yes,a 99% stock heritage springer ,year 2001. 22000 Kms and any problem...it's trusty like BMW's :)

Not a bestseller but is a great bike.

What do you think over there about this model?
You called it a Fattie, I thought you meant it was a Fat Boy...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Poseidon said:

You called it a Fattie, I thought you meant it was a Fat Boy...

I'm sorry,I have some difficults with many english expressions:) LOL

Fatties,Baggers,Scooters,Rice Burners,Bikes,...Old Ladies... too much :p

Bike means bicycle? :D :D :D

Best Regards,

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hey Twin Cam, went to Madrid a couple years ago. Only saw three or four big bikes in the whole city. Lots of litte scooter and stuff buzzing around. Could really here one like yours coming and going. Seems like the few Harley Riders there really stuck together.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's right FLHP,riding in Madrid or Barcelona is crazy.

A lot of scooters around and you never know if they are going to overtake you from the right of from the left side.:(

I live in Pamplona (north),a quite little town and there things are more easy.

Big bikes (basically rice burners) are concentrated in Madrid,Barcelona and along the coast of Mediterranean sea.

Harleys are still strange here but it works well compared to few years ago when they were inexistent.

So we know well where they are and stuck quite often to hang out and ride.

However most Harley owners here are 'low miles' riders,no more than 5000 miles a year,far from english or german riders...

And always with sunny weather :D

Regards

·
Registered
515 Posts
When I was stationed in Deutschland way back when, there wasn't an over a bundence of Harleys then also. Ever time I'd go some where, local guesthouse. All the leather jacketed moped/scocter riders wanted me to be the leader of their gang. Life is ruff when you have something everyone envy's. lol..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts