V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to place my order for my Woods cams as soon as today. Are there any dealers, on here or otherwise, that sell them less than direct from Woods?
I'm buying chain drive TW-6's and Woods retail is $365. That's about $100 more than similar chain drive cams, so figured I'd check here first and see if anyone knew of a more competitive price.
Thanks!

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
You would love my service then SEDELUXE....I charge $390.00 for the TW6 cam.........:roflback:

$365.00 isn't a bad price for a Woods cam!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
JagmanR said:
I'm going to place my order for my Woods cams as soon as today. Are there any dealers, on here or otherwise, that sell them less than direct from Woods?
I'm buying chain drive TW-6's and Woods retail is $365. That's about $100 more than similar chain drive cams, so figured I'd check here first and see if anyone knew of a more competitive price.
Thanks!
where are ya ordering woods for 365? just curious

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From Bob Woods directly. I'm not talking about gear drives, just the chain drive TW 6. Only reason for the post was, I can get an equivilent or close competitor Andrews 31 or 37 chain cam for about $250.

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Just to let you know Bobby Wood designed the cam but Andrews does make them....so the quality is there plus the awesome performance.
Oh BTW you get a ''Knight Prowler'' sticker too.....:yes:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Just order my 6-6 from Bob Woods Thursday. Checked the Visa bill just
not and $ 400.68 including freight. Hey, but I got a free T-Shirt ~!Awesome!

Geezer

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
Odd

JagmanR said:
From Bob Woods directly. I'm not talking about gear drives, just the chain drive TW 6. Only reason for the post was, I can get an equivalent or close competitor Andrews 31 or 37 chain cam for about $250.

If Andrews makes them both, a cam is a cam as far as materials and machining so what gives with over $100 difference?:hmmm:

·
GoFast!
263 Posts
roofeditor said:
If Andrews makes them both, a cam is a cam as far as materials and machining so what gives with over $100 difference?:hmmm:
It's a 'designer' cam.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
The Wood TW6 is the holy grail, why all the whining about a hundy? The reason they are a hundred more is because THEY ARE WORTH IT!!! And I don't even have em, just want em......

My customers never ask me why my products are so expensive,(and they are!) they all know the answer. It's because they are worth it! if they weren't, they'd go elsewhere.... Get a 31 or a 37 and you'll always wonder and secretly lust after the 6.... my $.02

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey...no biggie. I just remembered I bought the TW5-G from Steve a few years back. Typically if you buy direct from the manufacturer, i.e., Mustang seats you'll pay $75-$100 more or better for the same seat you buy from a distributor, and thought that was possibly the same with these cams. I have NO problem paying for the "Night Prowler" at all:) If I could pay $300 somewhere else, why pay $365...I dunno made sense to me:whistle:

Like Doc said though...I get the sticker for my guitar case! I'll order them Monday.

·
wildbillnc
117 Posts
you want regret it's a good decesion~!Awesome!

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
claydbal said:
when did bobby lower his pricing?
I don't think he did. I think the confusion is re: chain vs gear. I'm going with chains. Had gears before,,,and didn't care for the gear whine.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WILDBILLNC said:
you want regret it's a good decesion~!Awesome!
Thanks WildBill. Your numbers were one of the reason I settled on the 6. I realize I'm leaving a little on the table vs the chains, but should get plenty out of the 6 in any configuration. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hummm, I guess I DID get a good deal when I bought my TW 6-6's with under 1.000 miles on them for $230 shipped, huh? :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok...I've been reading about TW6-6's for some time. On Woods website thosre are listed for EVO motors or so I thought. The cams I ordered yesterday were TW-6/W-6 chains. What exactly is the TW6-6?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Check out the Andrew's 50 grind. Less noise than Wood's but if you like radical ramping and the noise they make. Go for the Wood's.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The TW 6-6 is the new roller chain design. They are for '06 and up Dynas and all '07 and up Twin Cams. The numbers represent the grind (6) and the year introduced (-6).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts