V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
twistedhdr,

I ordered FF Special FLHRI, which model did you order? You have the FLHRCI in your subject header, which HD did not offer the RK Classic in the FF Special edition.

I am with IAFF Local 1280, 14 years on the job, how about you?

I am ordering (tomorrow) a pair of Wild Pig Pipes for mine from Millers Cycle Shop in Florida. I have been told by a number of people at other forums that they are a good quality and loud, the price is great at 159.00 + 15.00 for shipping. They are made in Florida and are quite popular there. I called and spoke with the owner of Millers and he has them on his own bike (this is a person that could have what ever other brand he wanted on his ride), anyway I will attach the url and you can check them out.

http://www.commercemarketplace.com/pages/millers/home.html

Stay Safe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correction its a FF Special FLHRI

SGLIDE

I posted that last night at the end of my shift and not only did I make a bunch of typos but I did put in the wrong scooter

I also ordered the FF Special FLHRI

I Work for a major Petro Chem co in the Plant where I'm a Capt and EMT I have been on the job 12 yrs now and we stay very busy! I also run in my community.

I went to the local dealer where I placed my order this last week to look at the FF Special FLHRI that came in, its not mine but it look great!! Mine should be in late May.

Thanks for the info on the Wild Pig Pipes!! I'm going to look them up.

Have you heard if they are louder than the Vance & Hines, Samson and the Thunder Headers? I know I'm going to miss my Pythons.

·
Registered
45 Posts
twistedhdr,

Thanks for the update! I figured you miss typed on the model. I have attached a thread url that gives a few peoples opinion on the "Wild Pig Pipes". Part of thread talks about a guy on ebay that sells brand new seconds, but I am going the extra 70 bucks for ones that made the inspection. I am going to put my order in today with Millers.

I am excited and am having a hard time waiting for mine to arrive, I have a 2001 FXD set up beautiful that I can continue to ride until the RK comes, I am trading it in and the dealer put in writting, that more miles would not change the trade in value they gave me, so I can at least enjoy riding until it arrives. My dealer has not been giving a shipment date yet, but expects a May delivery for me.

That is great that you got to look at one in person, if you happen to grab a pic if you are at the dealer, post it.

Anyway here is the url I mentioned above , you may have to register at the site to view it, let me know if you have trouble and I will send it another way. Once you register if it does not take you to the discussion, just go to the tech forum and look for the discussion "Great Price on FL Slip ons $89.95 for both "

http://www.ffbmc.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tech_talk&Number=12592&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=

some pics of my current ride!
http://www.dabros.com/images/sglide/pipeside2a.jpg
http://www.dabros.com/images/sglide/primaryside1a.jpg

Give me a shout back and let me know how you made out.
Stay Safe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sglide,

I was having one of those night!! And tonight I'm at home this is mmy Wed visitation with my kids and I'm listening to a fire at work its a 201 f tank fire so as soon as they go home I go play!!

I'm planning on Hitting 3 Harley shops tomorrow and the Easyriders (checking on pipes) I will take my Digital Cam with me and see if the FF RK is still there

I went to that site but couldnt find the post in referance to the wild pig pipes

Nice scooter and great deal on the milage issue

·
Registered
45 Posts
twistedhdr,

Here are a couple of the quotes on the wild pig pipes, most refer to the seconds on ebay, here is the new url for the ebay guys most recent sale, he has rasied the price 10.00, but they still seem like a great deal for seconds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1818588295

HERE ARE SOME QUOTES from the discussion on the wild pigs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"On Ebay a local Daytona (holly hill) shop makes and sells Wild Pig pipes, tons of these were sold at Bike Week, they can be made loud as hell or quiet by changing the removeable baffle, nice finish, it's not V&H heavy duty stuff but then again it's not $400 either.
Millers, Carls Speed Shop and tons of others sell these everyday for $159.95, but you can buy set direct on ebay for $89.95 so if you were thinking FL slip ons heres a great deal on a good sounding and performing pipe. My neighbors 00 FLHRI made 74 HP and 83 TQ with these pipes a SE filter kit and powercommander. "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Boomer bought a set off ebay just recently and put them on his Ultra. I can't see any blemishes and they look and sound fine to me. I think he said there were a few small spots but they faced in and you couldn't see them anyway. Maybe he'll see this and comment.
Although they're a little louder than what he had on his bike, I believe he's totally pleased with his. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just finished installing a set of these on my nephews Classic. Got'em off e-bay for a total of $107 - thanks a bunch for the tip Hotroadking.

When we fired them up the deer in the back yard all ran away, the turkeys in the next 40 scattered, and the neighbors cow aborted! These things are LOUD! We both loved it!"

"I got em and can't find a defect to speak of, they sound good but maybe a bit loud for my taste, radio ya know. They were a bitch to put on, really tight fit, but other than that I like em pretty well. Damn well worth the hunderd bucks. "

Anyway.....................twistedhdr, I did put my order in from Millers for the new ones at 159.95 yesterday, so all I need now is the bike:)

Make sure to post a picture if you can grab a shot today!

Stay Safe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts