V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, but I just started reading this forum. I just bought an '01 Road King. It's fuel injected and has a stock exhaust. So I have some questions about exhausts for mine as well. Anyway, I had a '00 Heritage Softail w/carb. The first thing I did was the Stage I kit, thunderslide for the carb and SE IIs. The SEs had a nice sound, but I wanted something a little louder. After a couple of months, I replaced the SEs with Python IIIs, not the slip ons, but complete exhaust. Nice sound and my riding pals thought so as well. Only problem is that the complete Python system (including heatshields) is pretty expensive. I think that they make slip-ons too, but I'm not sure. I don't know if the difference in the sound between the SEs and the Pythons was worth the money. The SEs are still in my attic if your still looking for a set, but I don't think that they'll fit your bike.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.