V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 FXDL and would like to add a security system to it. I have seen the factory harley systems, but they get kind of pricy after you get all the different pieces. Are they they worth the extra money? I have seen some aftermarket alarms such as Scorpio, ThunderPage, Armed Gaurd, and Nady but I don't know much about them. Are any of these comparable to the factory system or possibly even better? I noticed that most of the aftermarket have wiring kits for the 1997 and up harley's, but the factory alarm for my dyna works with 96'-99' models so I would think that the aftermarkets would also work with my bike, but I don't know for sure. I also found a Immobiliser system, but I am leary sense the company is out of business. I would really like some feedback from you guy's.

Thanks,
Starbound

·
Terrorists suck!
647 Posts
Run away kicking and screaming from Immobilizer! I had a scorpio on my old Roadking and never has any problems with it.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I have the Harley unit and have never used it in fact at this point I wouldnt know how.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
TNHARLEY said:
I have the factory HD security with the smart siren II and the pagerII. I am very pleased with it. Mike
@gree: Ditto!

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Mine came with the factory security and works great. Do remember that any security system will dump your battery in about 7 to 14 days depending on the condition of your battery if you leave it on without being on a tender.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts