V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Having a hard time with a choice. Looking for unbiased opinions. Please help.

I have a 2004 FXDI. It’s in decent shape with 48k miles. Pretty new to me but seems ok mechanically. I haven’t torn anything apart to check just yet but intend to have a look at cam tensioners soon at least. Right now besides a few upgrades I’d do if I kept it it needs nothing.

Always wanted a Road Glide....it’s the bike I will end up with eventually even if I pass on this.

This guy (don’t know him) has a 2005 RoadGlide he wants to trade with me straight across. Bike runs well but is in rough condition. Needs a huge clean. Has 57k miles. Also hard bags are missing and the paint needs to be done at some point. Inner fairing is faded. Will eventually need a new seat and exhaust. I like working on things like this so some of it may be fun but I also know it’ll cost me. The bike is from the US (I am in Canada) but has recently been safety inspected so I know the major stuff is covered to make it rideable.

thoughts? Here are some pics of both.

·
Registered
16,586 Posts
I am not familiar with a "partial salvage title" build. What's that?
Buying a wrecked bike with a salvage title and rebuilding it. Or only partially rebuilding it in this case.

Probably found more problems than he initially thought.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,199 Posts
That Road glide is a POS. If the previous owner let the outside get like that, what do you think he did maintenance wise on the drive train?

The value difference on those two scooters is $3000. Do you really think you can sort that mess out for $3000?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts