V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
11/12.

EDIT: Specifically the 2006's.
Has anyone heard or have problems with the 2006's ie. oil comsumption with the 2005?

I am considering purchasing a 2006 Touring model. Not sure at this point whether it will be an RKC, Street/Road Glide or Ultra.

What I am interested in from you all is what are some of the problems that you have encountered or have heard about.

Thanks.
Gunner...

Cross-posted to Delphi.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Happy with mine

I picked up my 06 RG in August and have put 2500 miles on the stock version. Great bike runs well, very stable and comfortable on twisties or the interstate, love the new radio and improved clutch. My only problems were due to upgrading the engine, dealer had to replace the ECM since it wouldn't work properly afterwards.

Loved my old Dyna but the RG is sweet! My -2$en#e-,

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Absolutely love my '06 RG. I had some changes made to it prior to delivery (details in the photo album, link below). The new stereo rocks and the new clutch is smooth as silk. Other than wishing that things cost less I would not change a thing to mine as it sits. If you can be happy with the stock 88" motor and quiet exhaust it is perfect right out of the box in my opinion. If you want more power and little more rumble that can be done too but at a price. This is my second RG and this is definately the HD model for me. Love the way it handles and takes the wind.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Gunner,

I bet you will be happy with any of the baggers you listed.

I've been riding a 2000 FLHT and just got a 2006 Ultra - both are fine bikes.

I tried to compare the old FLHT to new Ultra in my post below. The '06 clutch, radio, and electrical system are greatly improved from the '00.

By the way, I was just notified by my dealer that the 'two year' warranty has been extended by six months to encourage folks to buy bikes in the winter. This will give you two years of warranty from next March if you buy now. I had to laugh about it being too cold to ride now when my wife and I pulled in from a little 190 mile putt yesterday.

You ask about troubles people have with the baggers. Sorry, I can't help there.
I have only put 37, 000 miles on the 2000 FLHT with no problems. I'm sure that if you look long enought you can find folks that have had problems. Some folks would screw up a flight lunch, others never seem to have any problems with any bike.

You now have a tough job - selecting the bagger to buy first.....

John

·
Half Fast Rider
94 Posts
Ultra Classic

Hello
I bought an 06 Ultra in September and I love it no complaints what so ever except not enough time to ride! I have not owned since the 1980's back then it was lowriders and superglides. I looked at the Ultra because i ride to work as much as possible it is highway riding i wanted comfort for my duaghters and wife when they battle for who gets to ride that day.I cant wait for next year I am planning a solo trip to Hog Rally in Billings and the Ultra will amke all the better of a trip.

Glen:thumbsup: ~!Awesome!

·
Registered
139 Posts
get a Street Glide and if you need it you can buy a tour pack!!

I like the street glide for its clean look. Ultra is beautiful but... to much stuff on it!! :thumbsup:

ciao...

F

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a Street Glide on Order & the only problem I see, is that I have spent a bundle of $$$ on new engine parts, etc & I don't even have possession yet!

This is gonna be good!:cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
StreetGlide more fun than my StreetRod

I took delivery of the 1st StreetGlide in France, what a fantastic bike, have to say its more fun than my StreetRod was, BUT.... the seat leaks the brakes squeek front and back. It packs a very good punch. 900 euros for the back rest and 1200 euros for leg guards, is someone smoking CRACK at harley who dreams ups these prices.........I am not french so save the french jokes.

·
424 Posts
Love'n my 06 Road Glide...Got 2K miles and every one is flawless...No problems with the Road Glide...(Harley's best kept secret!!!)

Good Luck in your choice!!!

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Pippeis said:
get a Street Glide and if you need it you can buy a tour pack!!

I like the street glide for its clean look. Ultra is beautiful but... to much stuff on it!! :thumbsup:

ciao...

F
I disagree.:huh: It is much more cost effective to strip down an Ultra than to buid up a Street Glide.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I got my 06 Street glide a couple of weeks ago and I love it. This was my first Harley and I wish I would have done it years ago. This thing is great. Bikes are a personal preference so the best I can tell you is to look at the bikes and figure out which one YOU like and get that bike. Every bike is different for different people.

·
Registered
139 Posts
bedemonster said:
I disagree.:huh: It is much more cost effective to strip down an Ultra than to buid up a Street Glide.
It depends of what you want to get. I would just get a tour pack... and that would be cheaper than a Ultra. I dont like all that chrome parts on the bags, on the windshield, on fenders... but, just personal opinions! :cheers:

ciao...

F

·
OEF Vet - US Army
75 Posts
06 Ultra

Got my 06 Ultra in Sep and have 5500 m iles on it with no issues. Absolutely love the bike. I think it is just a matter of which style you prefer. For me, I wanted my pax to be as comfortable as I am so the Ultra was my best choice.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
CVO! Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic and never look back.:woohoo:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts