V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
using a pc 3 with o2 eliminators and with the d&d fat cats you wouldnt have to install the o2 sensors in the bungs, just leave the plugs in and tie off the wiring. but i'm thinking put the sensors in and plug em up just in case the pc takes a dump in the middle of nowhere and having to take it out of the loop.
any opinions?

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
I believe that leaving the 02/s hooked up will play havoc with your map. The PC is taking the ECM's information to the injectors and overwriting it, if your ECM is constantly changing the fuel from rich to lean (as the 02's do as it looks for it's Bias integrator line) the signal to the PC will be interrupted and could cause a melt down inside the PC. There is a reason they want you to take the 02's off line, so I wouldn't leave them hooked up if I was you.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like good advice and makes sense. thanks!

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
You could put the sensors in the holes and use the PC eliminators tied up. If the PC was to crap out you could remove the eliminators and take the PC out of the wiring loop, plug in the NB sensors in and away you go. At least that would provide a limp home mode and when home the PC issue could be resolved.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
nw_guy4_fun said:
You could put the sensors in the holes and use the PC eliminators tied up. If the PC was to crap out you could remove the eliminators and take the PC out of the wiring loop, plug in the NB sensors in and away you go. At least that would provide a limp home mode and when home the PC issue could be resolved.

That's the way mine is set up with stock headers.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
YOu could just put the sensors in your saddlebags, and carry a 7/8 wrench.

·
Registered
106 Posts
HDMD88 said:
I believe that leaving the 02/s hooked up will play havoc with your map. The PC is taking the ECM's information to the injectors and overwriting it, if your ECM is constantly changing the fuel from rich to lean (as the 02's do as it looks for it's Bias integrator line) the signal to the PC will be interrupted and could cause a melt down inside the PC. There is a reason they want you to take the 02's off line, so I wouldn't leave them hooked up if I was you.

I could be wrong but my guess is that if left hooked up the stock ecu would correct back to 14.7:1 ratio in the closed loop sections in a period of time. Leaving you with only a few open loop sections that the modified PCIII signal would actually change fuel ratio. All the eliminaters are doing is giving the resistance a sensor would at 14.7:1 so no corrections are made.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
I would not take that hypothesis to the bank. The two will be fighting each other regardless of if you add fuel or subtract. If you want closed loop leave the system alone and get a sert tune by a compentent tuner. 2nd choice Tmax or DTT WB closed loop.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
more replies, thanks again. obviously there is more ways than one to skin a cat. would be more simple if there was just one way but in either case i guess the cat is still skinned

1 - 10 of 10 Posts