V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at different ways to mount XM on my Ultra. Take a look at this universal mount and let me know what you think about mounting it on top of teh dash. I was thinking of turning it so that the mount plate goes up rather than down. This would have the unit in front of any pouch I have installed.

http://www.gbxdirect.com/store/uni_mount.php

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cyclegod

i don't have xm but i mount my sirius in my left lower side pod behind the leather flap.
This way nobody can see it when you park your bike,the down side to this is changing stations,but with sirius or XM most people are not channel surfing. It works great for me.
Thank You scott

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
food for thought

You dont want to hear my opinion, everybodys got one. I personaly dont want any objects on my dash, but I Have seen bikes with all sort of equipment mounted on the dash, which gave me the impression that there were some serious touring and convienece applications occuring, or just gismo geek bikers hitting the roads, In fact one gismo geek I met was riding 30 -36 thousnd miles a year. In cases Like that I problay would aprreciate all that kind of stuff. Right now Iˆdont even want a radar detector on My dash. Its a matter of preference and Individualty.

I wish you the best.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Thats for cars, there's not enough meat in the fairing to mount yours like that. Give me until tonight and I'll post pictures of how I mounted my XM on my inner fairing. Easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have mine mounted with the holder available at cyclegadgets.com. It mounts on the brake reservoir and is a very clean installation. The antenna mounts on the holder with plenty of room to tuck wires underneath. Very cool...

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool Geezer, I'll be looking for those pics. I thought there might not be enough meat there.

howsys - I have seen the reservoir mounts but I have been shying away from that or the hndlebar mount in an effort to not block my great sounding HogTunes speakers :)

Thanks for the input and kep em coming!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts